marcusB

3rd post: TP in menu show

How do I make the in game menu show players TP, I know I need need a script to do this, I can't find any script anywhere

Oh, I made something like this but it was for VX ace not MV

Edited by Shiggy
I posted a VXA script in MV section (facepalm)

There needs to be some easy way to convert scripts without having to re-write it all, they should have kept the old scripting system from ace cause theres way more scripts for ace then there will ever be for MV now. Is the scripting language different between the two?? should it still work?

The only other plugin I know that offers the TP that's in the menu would be Yanfly's Core Engine plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/09/yep-1-core-engine/

It's also updated to take advantage of 1.5.0's new plugin features. Just look for the Windows section in the plugin parameters and there should be a parameter called Menu TP Bar located at the bottom of that section. If I remember right, when you first install the plugin, it should be on by default. As for me, I have it disabled since my game doesn't call for the standard TP bar.

On 9/11/2017 at 2:27 AM, marcusB said:

There needs to be some easy way to convert scripts without having to re-write it all, they should have kept the old scripting system from ace cause theres way more scripts for ace then there will ever be for MV now. Is the scripting language different between the two?? should it still work?

I've dabbled into a bit of ruby and java script and as far as I'm aware there is no other way to convert one scripting language to another without completely rewriting the code into the language you need it to be. MV has been around for almost two years and there are plenty of plugins that are being constantly developed and released. I would highly suggested checking the RPG Maker web forums if you need to search for certain plugins if you haven't done so already: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/js-plugin-releases-rmmv.135/

Of course, the usual people like Yanfly, Galv, Hime and even MogHunter (Just to name a few) has made a ton of plugins to take advantage of. It wouldn't hurt to do a bit of looking around. Even newer scripters to the scene has been making a name for themselves so there's always something certain scripters haven't made yet.

Ok, I'd rather not make someone make a script as any games I make with it will never see the light of the internet XD, thanks for the reply