pEPf7iz.png
This is a fan-made project, that is not associated with Hasbro, Inc. in any way.
The creator of this project will never make any money in any way from it.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the property of Hasbro, Inc..

TMyiNhB.png

bNlYjr2.png
This is a fanmade Local Multiplayer Ponified Kid-Friendly Turn Based RPG based on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic TV series.

aOSj4X1.png
A unicorn pony, Twilight Sparkle receives a very important mission from Princess Celestia, the ruler of the magical land of Equestria.
She and her assistant, a baby dragon named Spike are sent to Ponyville, where her task will be to meet other ponies and study about the Magic of Friendship.
With their new friends, they'll go on adventures and solve various problems.

5GPoZNo.png
‚ô• PONIES!
Discover the Magic of Friendship!

‚ô• Story and events heavily based on the TV series
What happened in the show, will happen in the game along with RPG elements and additional plot.
Didn't watch the show? Don't worry, you'll absolutely not get lost because of that!
However, as the show can spoil the game, the game can spoil the show.

‚ô• Local Multiplayer (up to 2 players)
Discovering the Magic of Friendship with a real friend or siblings will be better, than doing that alone!
Explore Equestria, solve puzzles and fight together!

‚ô• Energetic Battle System
As everything will be based on hit-boxes, each skill will have different usage.
A single projectile will be better against singular large enemies,
while Area of Effect will perform better against multiple smaller enemies.
Besides that, the projectiles may have different behavior dependable on skill.

Some skills may also have interaction involved, like timed action,
chain of buttons or simple button mashing when casting powerful abilities such as Twilight's Magic Nova.

‚ô• Each pony has a set of unique skills
As each pony is different as the night is from the day, their abilities and specialties are different as well!

‚ô• Skill Tree
Each pony will have a different path.

Gain experience to improve or learn new abilities.

‚ô• Skill Assign System
Each pony can assign 8 abilities, either active or passive.
A good combination of active and passive skills may give decent (even unexpected) results.

‚ô• Resource gathering and crafting
Collect materials to craft equipment;
Combine equip-able gems to get better-quality ones;
Collect herbs and plants to allow Zecora brew potions.

‚ô• Many cutscenes and events
...Even too many.
Take a break and relax for awhile.

‚ô• Songs!
Your favorite songs from the show will appear here as well!

‚ô• Minigames and Puzzles
Various minigames and solving puzzles to keep the boredom away!

‚ô• More PONIES!
... When you'll think, that you saw everypony already.

ie51hZ0.png
6xNmzqs.pngTwilight Sparkle
A book-loving unicorn pony with extraordinary magical abilities. Represents the element of Magic.
> high magical power and resistance
> high MP

kWfAXTx.pngRainbow Dash
An action-loving colorful pegasus pony. Represents the element of Loyalty.
> high speed
> weather control (elemental abilities)

yMJe02r.pngPinkie Pie
An extremely energetic and sociable earth pony. Represents the element of Laughter.
> high speed
> explosive abilities!
> party-buffing singing abilities

hczcfpn.pngApplejack
A brave, reliable, strong and mature earth pony. Represents the element of Honesty.
> high physical power and defense
> high HP
> party-buffing abilities
> lack of magical abilities
> low magic resistance

26IaOMg.pngRarity
A unicorn pony with good manners and love for beauty. Represents the element of Generosity.
> magical abilities dealing physical or magical damage
> party-protecting abilities

RCuyffo.pngFluttershy
A kind and shy, with love for animals pegasus pony. Represents the element of Kindness.
> low HP
> doesn't attack on her own - animal-calling abilities
> healing abilities
> party-buffing abilities

y089RFp.png

Each pony will have a Primary Set of Skills and Passives, some of them will also have a Secondary Set.

List of Skill Categories: 

Legend:
[ICON] Name of Category | Set | What resources the category focuses on

xB5NqKr.pngPassives | Special | ---

Each pony will be able to bring 8 skills in total to battle, so either an active or a passive skill can be equipped in these slots. Equipping Passives will simply raise pony's parameters or add special features like additional projectiles when attacking etc. at cost of a skill slot. A well thought combination of these skills can give decent results. Everypony will have Passives.

Now let's talk about unique skill sets for each pony. 

C0bDtrS.png

garEslj.pngMagic | Primary | MP/EP

Twilight will have various spells, starting from simple telekinesis that will deal light damage by throwing various objects -> through magic projectiles that will deal magical damage ->  to powerful Area of Effect Spells, that at high MP and EP cost, will bring some destruction to the battle field.

Wdk0rv9.png

4hSWQwB.png Skills | Primary | EP

Rainbow Dash will be able to use her wings to perform various tricks to deal more physical damage.

iTSDNVN.png Weather | Secondary | MP/EP

Rainbow Dash will also be able to control weather to deal elemental damage as well as Area of Effect.

F5oFSiN.png

8RDIZv9.png Partying | Primary | MP/EP

Pinkie Pie will always find an occasion to throw a party and battling with enemies is not an excuse for her!

She and her Party Cannon will show enemies how to party by dealing physical or magical damage. Blow up everything and party on!

xEWogfk.png Songs | Secondary | MP/EP

Besides partying, Pinkie Pie also loves to sing! As she sings songs during their adventure, she will learn to sing them in battle as well to raise parameters of ponies and more!

EIJUEKN.png

bXxnwqj.pngSkills | Primary | EP

Applejack is a strong farmer and she will show who has the power by dealing high physical damage or using her lasso to stun enemies.

jhfgohY.pngYEEHAWs | Secondary | MP/EP

Applejack is an active pony and she will be showing her energy by motivating her friends and raising their strengths.

S0PjUoQ.png

DcqjGPO.pngMagic | Primary | MP/EP

Rarity loves shiny gems. Besides using them for her creations, she also uses them as a weapon by dealing physical or elemental damage. Get ready for rains of shiny projectiles. FABULOUS!
She can also use the bigger gems to defend her friends.

nEkoGG4.png

XdVSL7R.pngAnimals | Primary | MP/EP

Let's be honest, Fluttershy wouldn't even harm a fly and even if a situation requires that, she will have troubles with defending herself. However, her beloved animals will cover her! She will be able to call various animals to deal physical or magical damage. Calling a bear will cause some troubles to enemies!

HiicWaH.pngSupport | Secondary | MP

Nopony is as kind and caring as Fluttershy. She will do her best to help her friends in need by recovering their strength and protecting them.

8iLHFOh.png

( i ) Note: ALL the screenshots are outdated. The project has been moved to another engine (Game Maker Studio) and will be re-done, so everything may be changed in future. I'll keep these screenshots for a tiny reference on what more or less is going on here. Keep in mind, that they don't show the final stage of any of shown features. Their current purpose is nothing else than being placeholders.

V3TJ0Sf.png

8pKZOtI.png

fcQ7PEY.png

nUroxzZ.png

ePK3qzx.png

gBPlRt0.png

MCb1yAt.png

fUIgy9c.png

wD2taHY.png

yFn1kr3.png

gRH6s0G.png

c5F1lA4.png

0QPnvSX.png

UtVVv4u.png

2a9Jvo2.png

vrfUqnt.png

9SXANWA.png

a1XDE5e.png

Fp8tmw9.png

‚Ėļ¬†LAST UPDATED: 17.09.2017

U6xT9bz.png @Rikifive [ Main Developer ]
azJSdv3.png InklingBear [ Voluntary Music Composer ]
azJSdv3.png C. Thunder Dash [ Voluntary Music Composer ]

- BETA TESTS SIGN UPS -
qCGHbyf.png BlissAuthority [proofreading - English]
qCGHbyf.png Overlord0909 [bughunting]
qCGHbyf.png Totally Lyra [bughunting]
qCGHbyf.png OmegaBeamOfficial [bughunting]
qCGHbyf.png Altmile [bughunting]
qCGHbyf.png Compeador [bughunting]

-sign-ups currently closed-

Opening recruitment for new volunteers will be announced.

K8zLzl6.png
Nfl3F6k.png Not available. Estimated Release Date unknown.
ULfH9Rm.png¬†Niedostńôpne.¬†Przewidziana¬†data wydania jest nieznana.

zGYsxGl.png
You can support this game by taking this banner!

LraXqtS.png

To take that banner, simply highlight it and copy & paste to your signature.
This will fill your signature with MAGIC!

You can also support the game by simply taking this icon with you if you prefer smaller thingies!

XMFwCux.png

QsjkLCK.png

ZCnOrRH.png

O9gHSJ7.png

Hello everypony!

It's been a while, but the status screen is now ready! (Pinkie seems to be happy for that!)

xK8vxzs.png

There players will be able to view all the parameters the characters have, duh! ^_^ 

Everything about that screen in general is rather obvious, but you may be wondering why there is an option to skip animations. The thing is, that this screen is partially animated, including the pages themselves. The pages have slide-in animation, where tabs appear one by one when switching between these, so it is more than obvious, that some ponies will not like to wait a little bit longer for pages to appear every time they'll be wanting to view parameters, so this option is for skipping that. When enabled, all the tabs appear at once, for faster navigation. So while I offered a kind of a fancy thing, player experience is also important, so this choice will be entirely up to you, with that convenient setting available on the fly.

You'll be able to see the animations at the end of the post.

For now though, let's take a look at the pages.

Page 1: Main Parameters
3bd9iVm.png

The most important things are displayed there. Level, HP, MP; nothing fancy.

The 5 icons with 0% represent elemental resistance. What elemental resistances exactly do however, will be explained when the right time comes.

Below resistances you can view the base parameters, with the main stats attached to them.

"LP" stands for Learning Points. These points will be used to learn and improve skills/spells, probably even raise parameters a little. For that, there will be a skill tree, where you'll be following paths. Ponies will have abilities they'll be improving along with progress. The damage will be scaled in percentage, so for example, a magic projectile spell will deal 120% of magical damage, so no matter how far you'll go, it will be always scaled to your parameters, thus will catch up to your level. There may be various improvements, such as more damage, additional projectiles, longer duration etc. etc..

The saddlebag bar represents the space of pony's inventory, as it will be limited.

Page 2: Detailed Parameters
absBZbk.png

There you'll find various details.
If the pony will have a certain bonus to something, that won't be displayed in the first page, it will appear here.
So for example, let's assume you equipped something, that increases the exp rate, the tab with that information will appear here.
Or perhaps having a defense boost when on low life? It will also appear here.

Everything will be shown before players, so that they'll know what exactly do they have, rather than wondering if something actually works or not.

To be honest there's not enough of these to fill the whole screen yet, but I do have that possibility in mind so I've prepared the concept for handling that:
LNBc8Hi.png

Hmm... Perhaps an achievement for managing to fill it that way? :D 

Page 3: Character Information
sG0MySf.png

Probably the most useless page, but may be somewhat helpful for newcomers.

It's just a typical little biography page. The information here will be updating along with progress, so if the plot will suddenly get too complex making the ponies flip upside down and you won't be able to keep track of something, perhaps you'll find it there. Consider that as minimalist wikia page in-game. ... Because why not! :derp: 

I consider that menu as done, though adjustments of course may be made along with development progress.

Below you can view the in-game recording, showing the animations I've mentioned before.
/!\ Note: Due to large filesize, I'm unable to put preview here in the post, so I'll leave a direct link to it. The file behind the link is in .gifv format and thanks to filesize, it may take a little moment to load or perhaps it even might not display at all on some devices. The original file size of that .gif file is 47,5 MB; where the .gifv in preview shows 9,60 MB.

CLICK HERE FOR IN-GAME PREVIEW

On a side note, I plan to support multilanguage, so everything is made having that in mind.
All the text is stored in external .ini files, which will allow 3rd party ponies to translate the game, if anypony would be willing to do so, that is.
Since Polish is my native language, I'm going to include that language 'by default'.
And since Applejack didn't appear in this post yet, there's an image with her. :smug:
jNJxzpV.png

~where PN stands for Punkty Nauki. :squee: 

That's all for now! Thank you for visiting! :) 

Or3kysV.png

So, getting to the point~
At first, the game was going to be in pixelated style, but I started thinking about going into HD resolution.

Why?
I'm not quite sure, but I think it would match the source material better and perhaps would look better? There were times when I was bumping into a wall of limits thanks to small resolution. Sometimes it was hard to catch all the details I needed in HUD and interface, thus I had to give up on few little features. However, pixelated-simpler style also has its pros, so at the moment I'm just not sure.

Honestly, I like both styles-- and let's talk about them a little.

PIXEL ART
I love pixel art, because let's be honest- our little pixels always make us think of games. It gives the retro feel and all that nostalgic stuff.

This is the style the game was developed so far and it would look more or less like this:
H2M13rj.png

Note: That pink pony will be removed. I've used the sprites I had already implemented in game for testing purposes.

The target resolution of the game would be 768x432, as seen in screenshot.

Actually that resolution wouldn't be comfortable to work with (issues with scaling), so it probably would be higher than that (either 960x540 or 720p).

HD
In the show we have vectors, so it would be more accurate if there would be some fancy smooth graphics in the game. Much bigger resolution would allow me to make smoother and more detailed HUD and interface. However, it probably would require much more time to draw objects and animate them if needed.

I've gave it a try and it would more or less look like this:
GsBnCf5.png
Note: The bottom HUD (pony status) is a rough sketch at the moment. That's what I meant by saying, that it will take some more time. The reason is, that in pixel art I can move pixels one by one without any quality loss, where in typical digital art moving parts around may harm the lines and colors, which sometimes simply means having to redraw things. Not mentioning, that it's best to use paths for smooth curves and things like this. That's why it's better to make some sketches first, before approaching that.

The target resolution of the game would be 1920x1080, as seen in screenshot.

Honestly though, both styles have their pros and cons and that's why I can't decide. So... which one do you think would work and look better? Personally I'd lean more towards the HD, due to way more possibilities and the smoother look, but pixel art is great too...

Oooh what to do...

I know one thing- it will take years to get it all done. :adorkable: 

10 hours ago, XxXhelazz said:

This game look so cuuteee

Thank you! :3

8 hours ago, Crescent said:

it's been a long time since I last saw this game. The pixel art style looks good to me! ^^

oh, it's no longer an RPG Maker project now? :(

Yeah, it's been a while, but I finally was able to get back to it. ^_^ It seems, that at the moment everybody mentions and leans more towards pixel art. :P

Mhm, it's no longer being developed in RPG Maker. It was difficult for me to leave RPG Maker, but considering the amount of custom features I was implementing, removing everything, then re-programming that was rather pointless (I think I never used RPG Maker in a proper way to be honest :P ). Doing everything from scratch seems more reasonable and it will also allow me to set my own rules related to referring to stats and stuff like this, from the very beginning. The map and battle scenes were pretty complex to work with, because these are connected with many other scripts and things, thus I found that difficult to edit them to my needs- now I'm the boss here.

I believe that change will be for the better. :) 

But what if I triple double posted? :o

A long time ago somebody suggested, that I should be organizing the updates better- and keep the recent one in the OP. To be honest I liked the idea, because I like organizing things. However, due to the size of OP and amount of formatting it had, it was leading to troubles (back when we could see the BBCode mode, it was literally lagging so bad when editing), so I gave up and didn't toy with the updates. Now since I had an occasion to implement that relatively properly, I've used the opportunity. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, who likes to reserve first posts for better organization (I think I saw game threads like this). :P Personally I don't have anything against that, as it doesn't necessarily count as mindless double posting, that could be done via editing instead. Sue me, I deserve some punishment. :P 

Thank you! :) 

Did you ever decide on the style you chose?

Will Riki finally be able to finish his long lost dream?

Will Twilight and Rainbow ever get to kick some enemy butts?

Find out next time-

Oh wait, wrong section.

Seriously though, just popping in to show my interest.

Nothing new.

To this day I'm not sure, though I think I'll just stick with pixel art. I was doing some science with non-pixel art and I think that would take even more time and effort, thus require more skills to handle all the animations.

Now the problem with pixel art is the resolution-- its scaling to output devices, to be more specific. Game Maker doesn't handle scaling pixel art well by default. I'll have to toy with the resolution etc. manually. Hopefully I'll come up with acceptable solution.

Hopefully I'll get it back on track soon!

Thank you for visiting! Much appreciated! x3

9 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Now the problem with pixel art is the resolution-- its scaling to output devices, to be more specific.

You can't lock the resolution? This is the simplest solution. What are your targets platforms?
I fiddled a bit with web games where resolution has to adapt to different browser windows sizes as well  as work on mobiles, tablets.

Here is what i did:

I consider three different parts of the game: the HUD, the background and the game zone

I plan the game zone for the lowest resolution (let's say 200x300) and I scale it up by full integer if I have enough space (so if my output device is 900 x 900, I scaled my game zone by 3) . All the game movement has to be scaled up as well (you are moving three pixels/frame instead of one pixel/frame) I then put my game zone in the center of the screen.

The HUD size is determined the same way as the game zone buts its position is determined by percentage of the screen size. 

The background is the trickiest one, you can start with any resolution, you scale it up to the nearest integer but upwards this time so if your background base resolultion was 200x300 and your outputdevice resolution is 900x900, you scale it up to 1000x1500 but you put your background image origin at (-50, -250) .
It looks nice but in this situation, you will have 100 pixels horizontally and 600 vertically that are not visible,  horizontally you even have 300 pixels that are visible but not playable (because not in the game zone). This worked well for me because I knew the background would be totally separated from gameplay for me and was just decoration.

So you would have to adapt this strategy to your game or use a background unrelated to gameplay just to fill the screen (think about these 4:3 to 16:9 fillers people use sometimes on youtube for retro games).
Also this work well when you know your lowest resolution will be very low (smartphone) but with a 768x432 default resolution, it may not be as good.

I know this is a bit complicated so I hope it helped. You can find more (and better) information about this online.
Good luck with your project.

Edited by Shiggy

I prefered the HD version since it made it look more cartoony so it would be kind of like the player is in the show. Sort of. Maybe.

Anyways, gotta do what works for you Riki.

PS. I tried filling my signature with magic but got this error message:

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions for https://i.imgur.com/LraXqtS.png, please try another image

:(

@Shiggy My target platform will be Desktop OS's, mostly Windows. (Haven't worked with other OS's, so it might end up being released only for Windows)

Yeah, if I'd pick a very low resolution, there wouldn't much of a problem. Actually the one I've picked turned out to be a mistake, so I'll either use 960x540 or 720p as a default resolution, that will be upscaled to output devices. The problem is pixel art and actually the fullscreen mode - you need to upscale the view by integers, because otherwise it will end up distorted. GM by default scales the screen without any filters, so it's always pixel-perfect, though it 'eats' some of the pixels if the scale was not an integer.

All I know is that using 960x540 would look perfect in 1920x1080 monitors. But now I need to make it work acceptable on other monitors.

Either I'm thinking of making it look slightly blurry (adding filters) (and that's what RM Ace does)  or doing some more magic and actually change the view size dependable on output resolution, so that it will be able to scale it by integers, removing the decimals from the view.

Either way the movement and such will remain the same, as only the viewport will be changed.

Oh that's confusing..

I'll look around for possible solutions..

Thank you!

@TarqinaPearTree I also preferred the HD one - just like you said, it would feel more accurate, but I've realized how complicated it would be to make animations. If not animated sprites, I'd totally go with the HD look, that doesn't have that scaling problem. The amount of characters and their animations is the biggest challenge in the whole project.

Thoooooough perhaps, someday I may get good at making smooth animations and such, so I'll think of making a remastered version at some point... If the game would succeed in the first place, of course.

I'm also disappointed, that I won't be able to fully handle the HD one. :( 

Ah that bug in the forum software... Not even magic can bypass that. I fixed that for normal members back then- now it should work for you as well. :P 

Hello everybody! :D 

Looks like I've got a tie in the poll I've run in regards of the style of the game! :D Since the game was initially in pixel art, I've decided, that a reasonable solution will be to just keep it that way, so yep! It will be continued in pixel environment! :yay: I've did some science with the non-pixel style and I quickly realized, that it would take longer to create animations there. I believe, that making HUD, UI, maps and other things wouldn't really be an issue, animations on the other hoof, yes. Either way, that tie didn't encourage me to jump over to non-pixel style, so let's just keep it all the way it was. ^_^ 

Taking a small step further towards that direction, I think I can announce, that the very basic 8-direction pony sprite is ready! (it still may have some improvements in the future- probably shading will be added... or not. I'll see which one will look better in-game someday)

Of course, I'm starting with doing science on the pony, that loves science, Twilight Sparkle! :D 

oE6dw5X.gif

So that's a start! :muffins: 

Thank you for visiting! :) 

Hello everybody!

I'm slowly doing some progress ~ but not with sprites (actually animations from that point), I left these for later. :derp: 

Since I'm working with a different resolution than I originally planned, I've been working on re-doing the HUD-- the simple-statuses at the moment, to be more specific.
For a reference, here is what I had so far:

Spoiler

Pma6WzT.png

Well that looks great. :lol:
*cough* *cough*
Now I came up with a different design and that's how it looks like at the moment:
40wMS33.png
psEi9eg.png

Also, the bar with saddle bag (lPikFzx.png) shows the inventory space the pony has. I'm not sure yet, but I plan to make inventories have limited space and make ponies have their own bag to carry. This would make things more balanced and slightly harder - having to organize your inventories (ponies could use only items they own- but of course you could transfer items between ponies outside the battle), rather than just having everything x99 in later stages. ~And no worries, key-items will not take any space, that would be soooo inconvenient, would it? ^_^ 

That bar will pop out for a moment when picking up items and such to let you know what's going on in ponies' inventories.
If the first pony will run out of space, the item will automatically go to the next one, also notifying you about that visually. That process will go on until everypony runs out of space.

In co-op, this process will cycle only through ponies belonging to the player, who picked up the item. For example, each player will control 3 ponies when having the mane6 in  party, so the process will cycle through 3 ponies, eventually resulting in being unable to pick up items if they all will run out of space. In this case, the player can go to inventory and free up some space (either by using/discarding items or giving some to another player), or just let the second player pick that item, if he didn't manage to steal it from you already. ^_^ 

Getting back to the point-
I was aiming for something, that would be accurate to the source material, but pixel art kinda has its own style, so I guess I went for something ... general? It doesn't really look MLP-ish and is relatively simple, but it's readable and doesn't look that messy, like the previous one, due to shiny colors and stuff. :P 

Either way, I was thinking of some other variations and it's kinda hard to decide! :muffins: 
Without "HP" title:
al2BdDO.png
1. Full possible length
2. Beginning shaped relatively to end, slightly shorter bar in the result
3. Same as #1, but it has outline at the beginning - bar separated from the heart icon

Or perhaps...

Tilted:

6TSLSqi.png
0njCiXL.png
4. Full possible length
5. Same thing as #2 ~ also I've been wondering on colors (so far it's green/yellow/red) ~
6. ~or I was also thinking of just giving it a fixed color based on the icon???
7. With 'HP' title.
8. MISSINGDESIGN
9. MISSINGDESIGN

I think I'll go with either #4 or #5. Considering, that there will be more bars visible in other places (such as battles), thus there will be some other icons, I think the most compatible design out of #4 and #5 would be the #5 one, but I'll see how it goes.

Heh, I know, that most of that stuff is kinda irrelevant, but I was just thinking, that I'll share some development process with you. It took me ages after all, so now you see what kind of silly struggles I have. :D 

Nevertheless, if you have some ideas, feel free to share these! :) 

Thank you for visiting! :) 

I like 1 due to the clean lines of it and easy to read simplisity, though I've always been OCD with pixels being diagonal and looking to pixely/messy.

On that note, I like 4 but I can see someone being really low on health and struggling to see the little bit left in the bottom, so I'll vote 5. It would make it easier to see the little HP remaining and looks good.

The "HP" on 7 looks weird (which brings me back to pixel art looks weird diagonally haha) so yea. They probably look fine though zoomed out :P

I vote 5~

Looking good so far Riki~ I really like the head portraits you made too.

This weekend I've been working on something different - on something I really like doing - The menus! :D  

For now, I came up with a design for Status Screen, where you'll be able to view all the details of your characters.
Currently there's only one page done. It shows the most important parameters:
9A3m7tj.png

To make comparing equipment easier, this screen offers a detailed information regarding their calculations visible next to specific parameters. 
I have MAX HP&MP and calculations in brackets next to parameters in mind.

Here are some examples of the formula&format, that will be displayed there:
POWER     20
Without any bonuses, it will just show its plain total value in white color.

POWER     22 (17+3+10%)
That's how it will be displayed, when wearing an equipment that will give bonus points to the parameter.
There will be two types of that bonus: Additional Point Increment and Bonus Multiplier.

POWER     cHWDbIt.gif
That's how it will be displayed, when having a status/buff, that multiplies the parameter.
The value will go RED when getting below 0%, due to debuffs, for example.

POWER     H9oS4EL.gif
And that's the full formula. The color from status/buff takes priority.

Thanks to that format, players will easily know what is happening behind the scenes, which will allow them to compare things better. They'll also know how high is the parameter without any equipment-- without the need to unequip these.

Summarizing, that's the current formula for parameters:
Base Value + Equipment Point Increment + Equipment Bonus Multiplier gWgGCyx.gif
~where of course following the math rules, the Status/Buff/Debuff value is applied at the very end affecting every value preceding it. So if you'll get a debuff reducing your POWER by 50%, it actually will decrease it by 50%, unless stacked with other states, buffs and/or debuffs.

The icons with elements mean resistance to specific elements, where it is scaled in percentage of damage&effect reduced.

I was thinking of balancing the Physical and Magical Damage Reduction.
Initially I was planning to just put a percentage of damage reduced. However, that would require scaling the value with enemy level as well as other things, because otherwise it wouldn't be nice.
For example on first levels you'd have around 5-20% of damage reduced- but that would do pretty much nothing in environment of low damage. If somebody would hit you for 7 HP, it barely would reduce 1 point. Adding tons of defense just to reduce one or two points of damage seems unbalanced. It would get better on later stages though, as each character would for example have around 50-75% of damage reduced and the damage would be scaled in high numbers. There, it would have a visible effect. However, eventually it would raise to let's say, a maximum of 75% making further defense increase meaningless. So that approach would be efficient only in the middle of the game.
There wouldn't be a problem in scaling the value to few factors, but personally I don't like, when the value suddenly changes for some invisible-to-player reason.

Plain Point Reduction is very sensitive to work with. It's extremely easy to get to the point, where one character completely blocks the damage, while the other one barely survives.

Sooo I've decided to combine these two and see what will happen.

As you can see in the image above, it says:

Phys. DMG Reduction     8 (Up to 75%)

8 is the amount of damage reduced. Simple as that.
Up to 75% on the other hoof, serves a purpose to avoid completely blocking the damage, or like it happens in many RPG's, reducing it to 1.

That way, the damage reduction will be scaled to enemy damage and the player will see that.

It sounds good in theory, but I'm not sure how it will perform in practice, as it is about to be discovered at later stages of development.

LP stands for Learning Points and will be used to learn and improve abilities/spells.

Rest Time simply means the time, that the character needs to take another turn. The higher the SPEED parameter, the often the character takes a turn.

The rest are self-explanatory I believe. :P  

I'll add another pages with in-depth details, such as critical strike chance, critical strike damage multiplier and such in the future. I always like to be able to see as much details as possible when comparing equipment, so naturally I'll offer that to my potential players. ;) 

Oh and also, the bubbles, chibi-ponies and arrows at the top will be animated, probably something else as well. :wub: 

I'm so proud of this design, because the previous one I had was pretty 'meh' in my opinion. :twi: 

And I almost forgot to mention- The design was inspired by this image I've randomly bumped into in Google Images:

Spoiler

large.png

As soon as I saw that image among the wall of others, I instantly had a vision of what I could do. :derp: 

O9gHSJ7.png

Hello everypony!

It's been a while, but the status screen is now ready! (Pinkie seems to be happy for that!)

xK8vxzs.png

There players will be able to view all the parameters the characters have, duh! ^_^ 

Everything about that screen in general is rather obvious, but you may be wondering why there is an option to skip animations. The thing is, that this screen is partially animated, including the pages themselves. The pages have slide-in animation, where tabs appear one by one when switching between these, so it is more than obvious, that some ponies will not like to wait a little bit longer for pages to appear every time they'll be wanting to view parameters, so this option is for skipping that. When enabled, all the tabs appear at once, for faster navigation. So while I offered a kind of a fancy thing, player experience is also important, so this choice will be entirely up to you, with that convenient setting available on the fly.

You'll be able to see the animations at the end of the post.

For now though, let's take a look at the pages.

Page 1: Main Parameters
3bd9iVm.png

The most important things are displayed there. Level, HP, MP; nothing fancy.

The 5 icons with 0% represent elemental resistance. What elemental resistances exactly do however, will be explained when the right time comes.

Below resistances you can view the base parameters, with the main stats attached to them.

"LP" stands for Learning Points. These points will be used to learn and improve skills/spells, probably even raise parameters a little. For that, there will be a skill tree, where you'll be following paths. Ponies will have abilities they'll be improving along with progress. The damage will be scaled in percentage, so for example, a magic projectile spell will deal 120% of magical damage, so no matter how far you'll go, it will be always scaled to your parameters, thus will catch up to your level. There may be various improvements, such as more damage, additional projectiles, longer duration etc. etc..

The saddlebag bar represents the space of pony's inventory, as it will be limited.

Page 2: Detailed Parameters
absBZbk.png

There you'll find various details.
If the pony will have a certain bonus to something, that won't be displayed in the first page, it will appear here.
So for example, let's assume you equipped something, that increases the exp rate, the tab with that information will appear here.
Or perhaps having a defense boost when on low life? It will also appear here.

Everything will be shown before players, so that they'll know what exactly do they have, rather than wondering if something actually works or not.

To be honest there's not enough of these to fill the whole screen yet, but I do have that possibility in mind so I've prepared the concept for handling that:
LNBc8Hi.png

Hmm... Perhaps an achievement for managing to fill it that way? :D 

Page 3: Character Information
sG0MySf.png

Probably the most useless page, but may be somewhat helpful for newcomers.

It's just a typical little biography page. The information here will be updating along with progress, so if the plot will suddenly get too complex making the ponies flip upside down and you won't be able to keep track of something, perhaps you'll find it there. Consider that as minimalist wikia page in-game. ... Because why not! :derp: 

I consider that menu as done, though adjustments of course may be made along with development progress.

Below you can view the in-game recording, showing the animations I've mentioned before.
/!\ Note: Due to large filesize, I'm unable to put preview here in the post, so I'll leave a direct link to it. The file behind the link is in .gifv format and thanks to filesize, it may take a little moment to load or perhaps it even might not display at all on some devices. The original file size of that .gif file is 47,5 MB; where the .gifv in preview shows 9,60 MB.

CLICK HERE FOR IN-GAME PREVIEW

On a side note, I plan to support multilanguage, so everything is made having that in mind.
All the text is stored in external .ini files, which will allow 3rd party ponies to translate the game, if anypony would be willing to do so, that is.
Since Polish is my native language, I'm going to include that language 'by default'.
And since Applejack didn't appear in this post yet, there's an image with her. :smug:
jNJxzpV.png

~where PN stands for Punkty Nauki. :squee: 

That's all for now! Thank you for visiting! :)