5 hours ago, Specti said:

No problem, but i do hope that somewhere in the future you can make this game happen...

but anyway, best of luck to you and be well :).

I hope so too... I really do. This project has a special value for me, so I'd love to make it happen one day.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate that! c:

What was this originally made with?

VX Ace?

Anyway, I know little about MLP, so it wouldn't matter that much if I played the game since I probably wouldn't watch the show.

41 minutes ago, PhoenixSoul said:

What was this originally made with?

VX Ace?

Anyway, I know little about MLP, so it wouldn't matter that much if I played the game since I probably wouldn't watch the show.

Yep, I started working on it in Ace. Most of the screenshots come from the Ace version.

My plan is to basically convert the show (at least the most important/relevant parts story-wise) into a game, so no prior knowledge would be required. Basically these would be pretty much spoiling each other, so from some point of view I believe it actually would be better to not be familiar with the show.

Of course I don't encourage you to play/watch anything - I'm aware, that the game will be... well... peculiar.. and that not everyone will be brave enough to poke it and it's absolutely okay. 😄

The game will kinda have both styles at the same time. The world and sprites will be all pixel art, but in menus and user interface / HUD in general there may be some smoother elements.

Summarizing, it will be pixel art without the option to change it. That would double the required work needed for graphics and would make it harder to setup in general. Perhaps in the future I'll remaster the game or something, but I'm not even sure if I manage to finish it in the first place, due to kind of busy real life. Currently I'm working on a smaller project, that has a much higher chance to be completed.

Spoiler

KoF0UX4.png