W.M.K

Questions for low end PCs

Good Day Everyone!

So I published my new RPG game, which is a demo btw. My friend downloaded the game and started playing it. I found out that a lot of events in a map can cause little lag. But apparently my friend has a really bad computer, cause it crashed his game and slowed down his computer. This also means that people with bad PCs may not be able to play my game.

Q: So are there any solutions or scripts that can help me with this?

If someone can help me with this matter I will appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance,

W.M.K

Game: Land of Calgwin™ Demo

Link: https://wmk.itch.io/land-of-calgwin-demo

Yeah, it's really easy to harm FPS in Ace.

Not sure if something could be magically done without scripts~ you'd probably have to reduce amount of these.

Though as for scripts, there are few anti-lag scripts available. You can give them a try.

Personally I was using Moghunter's Anti-lag script: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rgss3-anti-lag/ along with his many other scripts. Good times...

But there are some others as well, that I've just googled:

Victor Engine - Anti Lag

YSA - Simple Anti-lag Event

Lune Ultimate Anti-Lag formatting broke in that one; rip

Hope that helps! :) 

In terms of performance, I think Source (the user, not the engine) has the best in the biz when it comes to anti-lags. Gotta pay though.

Second best, and free, is TheoAllen's.

But, better design is ultimately the winner in reducing lag; Don't give conflicting commands, erase stuff when its no longer needed and do more with less!

To piggyback on what Tarq said, I used to have 3 Anti-Lags (bc having only 1 or 2 didn't work), and tho it was better overall, there was some bugs (ofc). After some time, I did a whole re-optimization of my game. I now have no anti-lag scripts, and my project runs well. Better Design > Anti-Lag Scripts (always - not sometimes or never).