Cybarxz

Skill that gives a random state.

Hi, could you help me ??

I need a spell that gives a random state. So I added all the "add state" for the states that I want this spell to give, but I don't want it to give more than I state at the same time to the target, I don't want it to get poison, sleep, confusion all together, I want one and only one per use of the spell. 

So I tried with event and variable. I created a variable that will give me a random number and put that variable on a common event to connect the outcome number to an state with that Conditional Branch thing. The problem is the common event in page 3, in the Battle section, the Change Enemy State only gives the option to add the state to enemy 1, enemy 2, enemy 3... but not the target, how can I make it apply the state in the target ?

I'm a noob, please use as much details as you can.

Hey! I just found it out for you.

Skip to "HERE!" for the final solution.

So, I tried lots of different things as you did, but couldn't make it without a plugin.

Fortunately, I remembered about Yanfly's Target Core Plugin and thought it would be useful, but actually it was his Action Sequence Pack 1 that I thought that gave me solution. But the problem was I still couldn't assign the target, even using the "ADD STATE x: target, (show)" notetag. So I spent half an hour setting something that wouldn't be useful for our purpose.

---- HERE -----

BUT, finally, I had just found SmRandomDude's Metronome Plugin.

You can download it from here: http://sumrndm.site/metronome-skill/

and use the following settings for the skill

image.png.47bfde4bc9e641ca9dbbc70f8503a022.png

image.png.6b2d2e2ec5c8b21e4360be6aa3850717.png

The problem is I haven't it ramdonly casts one of the set SKILLS, not the States. But you can set those not to display messages when cast, then you create a skill that only applies that state and shows nothing. That's why I mentioned Yanfly's battle plugins, because they can probably be useful at this part, specially the Battle Core Plugin, the Damage Core Plugin, the Target Core Plugin and the 3 Action Sequence Packs.

You can download them all from here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/ (in the Battle Plugins section)

I'll leave it for you now, but if you can't find anything to improve your skill, ask for help again and we can try to solve it :)

There is actually a simpler way, with no need for plugins. just make a common event like the one below, just changing the amount along with the variables random generator depending on your needs. Then make a skill and assign the common event to it as an effect, shown in picture 2.

boi.thumb.PNG.32408914ebe65ce66a8f71c2298276a7.PNG

Picture 2

boi2.thumb.PNG.a06ab6fb7970a4307b45ee1636d6dcec.PNG

Tell me if it works for you! :)