Chadz_001

Hello again (i got banned?!?)

Hello, i am an old member here since 2015 and i would like to know why i get banned? I know its been a while since my last visit here, but i never really left this community. (Busy with work, sorry for that) My account name is Chadzter01, i have also other posts here that i think some moderators will be able to see especially Riki. 

Is it still possible to unban my previous account as i don't want to start from scratch again, i would like to continue working on my game but i felt sad to see that im am now banned here because i haven't visited the site often :(

Screenshot_2018-02-06-17-20-25.png

Screenshot_2018-02-06-17-19-32.png

Hey Chadzter.

Your account hasn't been banned and Idk why you seem to think it is (it should also go without saying that probably no-one in the history of the internet has been banned for the reason you're suggesting).

If you're having trouble logging into your old account just try the usual stuff like resetting your password and send us a screeny via this account & thread if you're getting any weird error message.

Usually, this is different from one forum to another but what I've come across when viewing banned user profiles is some sort of thing that says the user is banned, or the account is deactivated, or a custom 404 Error page pops up instead (or something along the lines of those three things). I saw none of those three things, so my guess is a forum bug (the forums did recently have issues with some sort of coding error or something so this may be the culprit). But no, as far as I can tell, your account is still there, as you left it...

Hello there Chadzter!

Good to see you back! :)
It's been a while, that's true, but we do not ban members for inactivity, so there's nothing to worry about.
I gotta admit, that it's super weird. I've checked your account and it's crystal clean - nothing can be found regarding warnings, as you never had any.

All the settings seem to be correct - your account is not banned. It's really weird, that from your perspective the site says otherwise. qXI4C0Z.png

Either way no need to worry, it's not your fault and we'll do our best to retrieve your account.

Before I'll start wrecking the system, let's start with some 'just-to-make-sure' basic troubleshooting.

- Try cleaning all the cookies and other temporary files in your browser.
- I've noticed you use a mobile device, have you tried logging in from a desktop?

I've 'refreshed' your account settings, so give it another try and tell me what happens.

Also, @PhoenixSoul is right, we have recently bumped into a glitch, so though I'm not sure, it might have something to do with this, you never know.
One thing is certain - you weren't banned, so hang in there. :) 

Since it's actually an issue, I've moved the thread to Forum Feedback and Support.

@Rikifive lol, there ARE forums/servers that 'kick' members for inactivity though; I know, I've been there (and it is rather stupid because Real Life is unpredictable and is not a good reason for kicking/banning).

But yeah, I do hope no one else has been affected; this is a serious issue!

3 minutes ago, PhoenixSoul said:

@Rikifive lol, there ARE forums/servers that 'kick' members for inactivity though; I know, I've been there (and it is rather stupid because Real Life is unpredictable and is not a good reason for kicking/banning).

Yep, I know pruning members is a thing in some other places. You're right, but it also depends on few other things. If the server or site is flooded with unused accounts, it's not a really stupid idea to remove these in order to keep things clean or perhaps save some space.

Either way we're not doing this, even members inactive for years are still there, not banned.

15 minutes ago, PhoenixSoul said:

But yeah, I do hope no one else has been affected; this is a serious issue!

I hope so too.
That's good Chad decided to give it a try and ask what happened. I hope other members will do the same if they'll find themselves in a similar situation...

Thank you so much guys, i really appreciate your help! I will try to log in my account and and do all of the troubleshooting Riki mentioned, i will let you know as soon as possible the result.

So glad to hear that my account is still alive despite of my long absence. :)

Welcome back! That is a weird one. What worries me is that if some glitch in the system caused this, then it may have happened to others. Maybe we really have 1,000,000 active members, but no one can get on. Hopefully whatever is causing this will be resolved.