Alphaistimz

Farming simulation game idea!

Hi, guys,

This is my first game and it will be farming simulation.

I do hope that it will be different from Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley, so I hope that I do it well in designing my game.

This game is made with RMVX Ace and it will be commercial for steam.

Anyway, here you go :lol:

Greenhill Story

(Well, this is a title I like, since it's the town where the game is, but I'm open to suggestions)

Story:

You just finished your bachelor degree in business in a big city. You want to take over your grandpa's abandoned farm in Greenhill town, since the town had lost shipments and prosperity after your grandpa's passing. Your uncle Robert and aunt Nancy's farm isn't enough to cover the whole town's needs. Not long after that, the town started to lose townies since they move out for better life. You take a ship, but unfortunately, there's a terrible storm which makes the ship sink. You then wake up on an unknown beach at early morning. A middle-aged man and woman greets you, and shortly after, an elderly man and woman approach and they appear to be your uncle and aunt. They ask you to stay the night at their house. Around noon, you wake up and have lunch with your uncle and aunt. They tell you what really happened with the town and you accept their request to bring everybody back. Once it starts getting dark, your uncle walks you home to your grandpa's abandoned farmhouse just south of his farm and leave you there.

Features:

Town:

~80 different NPCs, with only 4 unlocked at the beginning

Note: all of them has different requirements, like upgrading certain tools to a level, selling certain number of items from a category/ specific item, or having someone else move in. Some others move in automatically during the first season, mainly to set things up for the player.

~13 marriage candidates of opposite gender for each gender

Note: you can choose your gender and name before starting the game, this feature is mainly used for marriage purpose. There's also a rival system, so other possible spouses will marry the rival if you befriend the rival. If you marry their default spouse, they will marry your other farmer counterpart (basically a marriage candidate opposite gender who will marry your rival if you take the default spouse, you can marry them too)

~ marriage system

Note: once you grow close to your soulmate, you can marry them, so do the other rival couples. You also need to date and engage before getting married.

~ children system

Note: you can have twin children of different genders, the other couples will have 1 child of specific gender, either from default or substitute couple. The children will have different eyes, hair, and skin color based on who their parents are. Hair and eyes color is inherited from parent of opposite gender and skin tone comes from parent of same gender. There are a total of 12 rival children.

~ changing clothes

Note: you can change clothes once you buy the pieces you need

~ town shops

Note: in the beginning, the town only has flower shop for seeds, later on some shops will make appearance once you unlock those. There will be: cafe, inn, blacksmith, fishing shop, winery, carpenter, church, better seed shop, general shop, clothier, and accessory craft. There's also a sell-only shop laboratory and school followed by some non-shop houses.

~ getting money

Note: you can sell your items to the shops and there's no shipping box in this game. You also need to sell your items to the right place. There's no way that the blacksmith accepts your crops.

~season, weather, and time season

Note: spring, summer, autumn, and winter, with different weathers each. Time also affects shops and people's schedules.

~ Tool and rucksack upgrades to work effectively

~festivals, birthdays

Note: you can have these as entertainment. There may be some mini games in some of the competitive ones. Some others requires a date or giving an item from a category. Each person also have birthdays with gift boost.

Farming:

~6 5x5 fields, with only 1 at the beginning and you can unlock more later

~ over 40 kinds of crops to plant

Note: you can only choose 2 crops from the flower shop at the beginning of the game, but more will unlock as you sell a lot of specific crops. Different seasons have different crops. There're also year-round grains.

~ rain and storm automatically waters your crops, but storm may wipe your crops for good.

~ withering crop system when the season changes

~ greenhouse

Note: after building this expensive building, you can grow crops regardless of the season, and it's unaffected by the weather. Just don't forget to water it during rainy days.

~sprinkler system

Note: these guys will automatically water your crops as you wake up. You can also have an all-in-one package for greenhouse's sprinkler.

Ranching:

~ you can take care of dog and horse. You have neither at the beginning. Dog is used for festival and horse is used for festival and faster traveling (the map is quite big, so you may want to have one)

~ chicken, cow, sheep and their upgraded versions for better profit. Mainly used for festivals and major money maker via eggs, milks, and wool.

~ sick system for neglected or wet animals.

Other activities:

~fishing

~mining

Note: There are 17 different mine regions with different ores each. I'm still confused whether I make node or ore stone, or other means to mine.

~cooking

Note: there are over 300 recipes with 6 different appliances

~foraging

Note: you can get wild berries, fruits, flowers, and more in the natural areas. You need to smash the trees using a hammer for them to drop fruit. The items are seasonal-specific.

~building

Note: you can get materials from the carpenter or finding your own from the wild. You need axe and hammer for these. You need to build everything in your farm with the help of carpenters.

Now... My questions:

1. I need a system for the clothing for MC and the twin children. Any suggestion for this? I have separated parts for upper/lower, except for dress which covers both... Also, since all children inherit their parents' appearance, similar feature should help too... Do I need to draw one of each sprite clothing separately or full sprites? The first one really saves my time. (I mean drawing hairs & separated clothing pieces of different possible colors/ plugins which does so)

2. Mini game system

3. Calendar, because there're plenty of birthdays and festivals year-round. Having one should be useful.

4. Script for changing menu since the default one isn't so suitable for farming game...

5. How to auto show the clock & date?
6. how to make total friendship goes in accordance with number of hearts/ music notes displayed?

7. The shops only accept items from certain categories... I found the script, but I don't know how to use it...

8. Lastly, I'm not so familiar with using plugins and scripts... Having an easy tutorial will help.

Galv has some mini games, there are many free menus available on Moghunter's Website. I can find you a clock, I'll PM you soon. Lastly, to use a script open the script editor(Press F11), go down where you will find Materials. Right click on <Insert here> and click on Insert. Copy and paste the script into the big empty space on the right of the screen. Give it a name in the bottom left box and your done. The script is installed and ready to use.

Edited by Maxim5
The last message didn't feel right.