Alphaistimz

Appearance change script

Hi, guys

I'm working on a farming game for now, but my main problem is changing the children's appearance. Since I want to make the game sensible, I want the children inherit their parents' hair, eyes, and skin color.

I'm looking a script for one, but if it's possible with eventing ,I'll stick with eventing. (earlier, I got a video for changing clothes, does it work the same way for appearance?)

Thanks in advance

How are you making the children?

Normally you would create the graphic and then put it in the game.

If the graphic is different than what you want, then did you make it or is it something someone else made?

I don't understand why you need a script to create graphic files?

It seems that you don't get my question

I have all of my sprites self-customized. I just wonder if I can have something like MV's plugin for changing appearance, but with script instead since it's foe VX Ace.

You're still not explaining well. It kind of sounds like you want the clothes to change when changing equipment?

There is a script for that. Can't remember at the moment. Is this what you want?

If not, you need to describe what is changing and how the change will happen.

He is saying that he wants the children to inherit their parents, he is not talking about clothes here. He wants a script that sets the hue of the hair, eyes and skin to match that of the parents. Or a way to do it using events.

14 hours ago, Maxim5 said:

He is saying that he wants the children to inherit their parents, he is not talking about clothes here. He wants a script that sets the hue of the hair, eyes and skin to match that of the parents. Or a way to do it using events.

That's fine, but I still don't understand how the change will happen.

I would just make a graphic for the child that matches the parent. then you use that graphic. If it is to change during the game, then you change the graphic.

I believe he's saying the he has a method by which the player chooses the color of the MC's hair and eyes. He then would need a script that would automatch the children of the MC to matching hair and eyes from a pool of pre-generated sprites for the children. 

If he has a method of adjusting the color, then there is a method for knowing what the color is and setting the children to it.

If this is the case then a script is not necessary, just knowing how to use the script that does the color setting is required. 

If it's not a script that sets the color, then it's even easier.