Glitterbot5000

Passable Tilesets for specific characters ?

Hello I have a character that is a ghost and I want them to be able to walk through everything when you are playing as that characters, is there a way for me to do that?  I know I could change the tilesets to be passable but I don't really want to make it that everytime you change the character you have to transfer to a different map with passable tilesets. 

Anyway thank you. 

Hello,

I have moved your thread to Editor Support and Discussion, as it's a question related to basic functions of Ace. Tutorials area are for posting your tutorials. ;) 

Would toggling a switch be good enough?

This little piece of code will turn one specified switch into NOCLIP switch. Basically, if you'll turn that switch ON, the player will be able to go through everything. By default I have set it to switch[100] but feel free to configure it to your needs. ;)

Spoiler

#===============================================================================
# NOCLIP SWITCH
# Author: Rikifive
#===============================================================================
# This little snippet allows you to toggle noclip with a switch.
# Turn this switch ON to allow the player to go through everything.
#
# Terms of use: Use it as you wish, it's just a tiny piece of code.
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# CONFIGURATION
module RK5_238957
  # SET THE ID OF THE NOCLIP SWITCH
  NOCLIP_SWITCH = 100
end

# END OF CONFIGURATION

class Game_Player < Game_Character
  #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # >>> [ALIAS] debug_through?
  # -> Implements Noclip Mode.
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  alias :prev_debug_through? :debug_through?
  def debug_through?
    prev_debug_through? || $game_switches[RK5_238957::NOCLIP_SWITCH]
  end
end

Like terms of use say, use it as you wish, no credit required.

Hope that helps! :)