Jump to content
aghostcat

Maps in play testing and project directory but not in editor.

Recommended Posts

 As the title suggests, in my project I have maps that show up in play-testing and can be transported to in a debug menu, however in the editor proper they do not show up. I looked high and low on how to fix this error in VX Ace but most help is for MV or the guides on it have been deleted. I would appreciate any help on this I could get, thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The maps are probobly not indexed in the MapInfos.rvdata2 file then. That can happen if you just copy maps into a project without creating them in the editor. I recommend you move any of the map files that don't show up somewhere else and try to create new maps in the editor with the same ID number. Then you can move the maps back and overwrite the blank map files you just made and they will show up in the editor.

Edited by Kayzee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Takeo212 said:

Can you give us a screenshot of a map in your editor and then the same map during gameplay?

It's hard to imagine exactly what you mean is missing from your editor.

They don't show up at all in the editor that is the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kayzee said:

The maps are probobly not indexed in the MapInfos.rvdata2 file then. That can happen if you just copy maps into a project without creating them in the editor. I recommend you move any of the map files that don't show up somewhere else and try to create new maps in the editor with the same ID number. Then you can move the maps back and overwrite the blank map files you just made and they will show up in the editor.

Thank you so much this fixed it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, yeah. I've had this problem before. Once, long ago, long before I was able to get VX Ace on Steam, I had run into this issue, but restarting the editor fixed it for some odd reason, and I never thought about any further since then.

Well, as they say, even the best programmed software will have bugs. That's just a general rule of thumb, isn't that right, my coding compatriot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 1:47 AM, aghostcat said:

Thank you so much this fixed it!

 

Glad to help!

 

13 hours ago, PhoenixSoul said:

Oh, yeah. I've had this problem before. Once, long ago, long before I was able to get VX Ace on Steam, I had run into this issue, but restarting the editor fixed it for some odd reason, and I never thought about any further since then.

Well, as they say, even the best programmed software will have bugs. That's just a general rule of thumb, isn't that right, my coding compatriot?

 

Might not be the same problem, but I am curious if you can get the editor to reindex the map files somehow. I don't think you can, but I am not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kayzee said:

Might not be the same problem, but I am curious if you can get the editor to reindex the map files somehow. I don't think you can, but I am not sure.

 

If I ever have the issue again, I'd see about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×