aghostcat

Maps in play testing and project directory but not in editor.

As the title suggests, in my project I have maps that show up in play-testing and can be transported to in a debug menu, however in the editor proper they do not show up. I looked high and low on how to fix this error in VX Ace but most help is for MV or the guides on it have been deleted. I would appreciate any help on this I could get, thank you very much.

The maps are probobly not indexed in the MapInfos.rvdata2 file then. That can happen if you just copy maps into a project without creating them in the editor. I recommend you move any of the map files that don't show up somewhere else and try to create new maps in the editor with the same ID number. Then you can move the maps back and overwrite the blank map files you just made and they will show up in the editor.

Edited by Kayzee

16 hours ago, Takeo212 said:

Can you give us a screenshot of a map in your editor and then the same map during gameplay?

It's hard to imagine exactly what you mean is missing from your editor.

They don't show up at all in the editor that is the problem.

11 hours ago, Kayzee said:

The maps are probobly not indexed in the MapInfos.rvdata2 file then. That can happen if you just copy maps into a project without creating them in the editor. I recommend you move any of the map files that don't show up somewhere else and try to create new maps in the editor with the same ID number. Then you can move the maps back and overwrite the blank map files you just made and they will show up in the editor.

Thank you so much this fixed it!

Oh, yeah. I've had this problem before. Once, long ago, long before I was able to get VX Ace on Steam, I had run into this issue, but restarting the editor fixed it for some odd reason, and I never thought about any further since then.

Well, as they say, even the best programmed software will have bugs. That's just a general rule of thumb, isn't that right, my coding compatriot?

On 10/29/2018 at 1:47 AM, aghostcat said:

Thank you so much this fixed it!

Glad to help!

13 hours ago, PhoenixSoul said:

Oh, yeah. I've had this problem before. Once, long ago, long before I was able to get VX Ace on Steam, I had run into this issue, but restarting the editor fixed it for some odd reason, and I never thought about any further since then.

Well, as they say, even the best programmed software will have bugs. That's just a general rule of thumb, isn't that right, my coding compatriot?

Might not be the same problem, but I am curious if you can get the editor to reindex the map files somehow. I don't think you can, but I am not sure.

9 hours ago, Kayzee said:

Might not be the same problem, but I am curious if you can get the editor to reindex the map files somehow. I don't think you can, but I am not sure.

If I ever have the issue again, I'd see about it.