Valjean83

Stack Level too Deep?

Hey all.  Was wondering if anyone could give me some help on this.  On a recommendation I downloaded Mithran's Graphical Object Global Reference script.  My game

was suffering from rampant disposed window errors and I was told this could help.  However, once I paste it into my scripts and then start the game, I receive the error

SystemStackError occured

Stack level is too deep

i was reading the reasons why this might occur, but I don't have this script anywhere else.  Also, it appears the same in my script as it does as where it

came from.  Does anyone know why this is happening?

http://pastebin.com/DvuinNFU

This mostly is a sign of a recursive loop. I find with RPG Maker scripts that kind of error most often shows up because of aliases. There are situations where there can end up being an infinite loop of aliases that call each other over and over. It can happen sometimes because two scripts are using the same alias name, and sometimes because scripts are in the wrong order. Though there are times where it's not really all that obvious without really debugging the heck out of the code.

Edited by Kayzee

I forgot to mention that I am using the Effectus code for anti lag.  I took out the Effectus script and the other script works fine.

Effectus  is a pretty massive script and I have no idea what part of it is causing the problem.  Are you familiar with it?  speaking to someone who

knows not a hint of coding, what would you suggest i do.  I want so badly to play my game without a diposed window error happening every

five minutes.

thank you for reading this!

I don't know what your issue is. I have effectus and mithran script and more. I don't have any issues. It must be other scripts. If you remove the GOGR script, does the error come back?

What order do you have the scripts in?

The scripts I am using and the order in

which I have them is as follows

Effectus

Yanfly Engine Ace

Connected Maps (Hime)

"Better" NameInput v1 (fyzzo)

Galv's Map Positions

Change Fade Time (Pacman)

ATS: Formatting VXA (modern algebra)

No Battle Screen Tint

Scale Encounters script (Neonblack)

Custom Database (Hime)

DT's Level up + (DoctorTodd)

ATS: Choice options VXA (modern algebra

Map Saver (Omegas7)

Transformation States (Fpmar)

CP Scrolling States VX script (NeonBlack)

No land on events script

Lock Actor in Formation (modern algebra)

Stop cutscene script

Graphic Object Reference (Mithrran)

Update:  I moved Mithran's script above Effectus and it's working.  Now I just have to know how to use this script in preventing

disposed windows.  Someone also mentioned I needed a 'Backtracer'.  What is this and do I need it?

I know i ask a lot of questions.  It's just that when it comes to this script business I am completely lost.  I am glad that it is working!

However I am not seeing the unresolved disposed windows that I believe the script is meant to show.

Thank you for reading this and supporting me and my game.  It means very much to me!

Edited by Valjean83

The GOGR script should give you a txt file for output. At least I think it does it by itself.

But yes a backtracer is what shows what happened up to the crash. This is logged in the txt file and shown in the console (if you have it open)

There are a few backtracer scripts. Just google for one. I use Hime's backtracer.

Having Mithran's script above effectus should not be your fix. I have my effectus above all scripts.

If I have Mithran in any other spot there is a crash. I do not know why there is no crash if it’s above Effectus.  If I get rid of Mithran completely, the game works, but will keep on crashing.  

I have a question.  Are there typically more errors when you run the game outside of the editor?

There should be the same amount of errors, but some you will not notice if you don't run it from the editor with the console open and a backtracer script put in.

If the game crashes with the mithran script removed then it doesn't work.

You must have part of the mithran code repeated somewhere.

Try a fresh project and copy your scripts over one by one and see if the problem persists.(stack too deep)

I created a new project and pasted the Effectus Script and Mithran’s script right under it and I got the same error so there probably is something repeating in there.  For now I am going to keep Mithran’s script above Effectus because I don’t see any other way, and I am going to grab a back tracer.  What exactly does this do?  I know I am trying to get rid of crashes, but once I pinpoint what is going wrong, how do I get rid of the errors?

Backtracers basically tell you what exactly the program has been doing. It can help programmers figure out where errors are coming from you see.

4 hours ago, Valjean83 said:

I created a new project and pasted the Effectus Script and Mithran’s script right under it and I got the same error so there probably is something repeating in there.  For now I am going to keep Mithran’s script above Effectus because I don’t see any other way, and I am going to grab a back tracer.  What exactly does this do?  I know I am trying to get rid of crashes, but once I pinpoint what is going wrong, how do I get rid of the errors?

Apologies,  After doing a test I found the issue. The improved plane in effectus must be false while Mithran's script is installed

It's cool roninator.  

I grabbed Solistra's backtracer and it created a log of all the shenanigans my system has been up to.

The probkem is, it's very hard for me to make sense of it.  There are term's such as ''memory leak' which worries me.

Had a disposed window error and can't seem to find it.  Will I be able to do this myself or will i need someone fluent in reading

this kind of language?  

also, i am not sure how this will work in conjunction with Mithran's script

Thank you all for assisting me with this!

Edited by Valjean83

Memory Leak's are an issue. Only in rare circumstances are they invalid. Disposed window are not really a problem. But if your were to fix it the code would probably be better. That's if it says window is already disposed. If it says error window disposed, then that's code to fix.

Use the information to pinpoint the line that is causing the memory leak and learn what it's doing and try different ways to fix it. Or you can make a new post for each error and maybe someone will be able to help you.

I've been working on my game for two years now. Learning Ruby, asking for help, etc. Just don't get frustrated if it's giving you a headache. It will come in time.

Edited by roninator2

Huh, that's strange. It's been my experience that 'memory leak' usually isn't a term that quite applies to Ruby most of the time. I have never had that show up in an error report anyway. Ruby manages it's own memory fairly well, though game engine objects like ones of the Bitmap, Sprite, Viewport, and so on do need to be disposed as they are managed through the engine and not Ruby, but those are the exception and I don't usually see problems there being reported at all.

The backtrace thing you are using has a log right? How about posting it?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_frg5yF93rwaaPtYS5x3SuVYlNrn3XmmoGDmgIxJhlM/edit?usp=sharing

Here is what the backtracer picked up.  It is very long and I am having trouble recognizing errors.  I did notice 'memory leak' though.

Maybe you all who are versed in code can give me more of an idea of where the errors lie, because all I see mostly is a wall of text.

Whenever I play the game and an error appears, it is almost always a disposed window error.

If you would suggest another backtracwer, I would be open to it.

make a demo and I'll see what I can do.

That is a wall of text.

Normally I would diagnose the problems as soon as I get a few problems. So my error log would be only a page long. and more detailed than that.

I'll put in my backtracer in your demo and fix what I can, then send it back to you.

Eh? That's not a log for the backtracer at all, it's a log for the Graphical Object Global Reference script. But it seems to show a problem with creating windows I guess?

You know... why are you even using that script anyway? It doesn't seem useful unless you are looking for a particular hard to catch bug to me. What's this about disposed windows?

Edited by Kayzee

As far as I know the Graphical Object Reference script is really meant as a debugging tool and can cause plenty of problems.

Personally? I blame Effectus for all the problems you are having, everything about that script just smells like something that could cause major problems. Might be partly personal bias on my part I admit, but given it's supposed to be a really involved closed source antilag script I don't hold much trust for compatibility.

Well there are some other anti lag scripts, but fair enough. It's just kind of a nightmare to get some scripts working together sometimes, but it seems rommy worked it out for you? I hope so!

Edited by Kayzee