JoeZ

OTHER Walking Underneath an autotile in VX

I am looking to make a ceiling tile from tile-set A to be able to walk underneath it (only for one section). I have tried to make an event but cannot with auto tile pieces. I tried using GIMP to make the auto tile separate from the others; however, that failed miserably. I have scoured the forum for this and so far nothing works for what I need. Do I need to write a script for this? I am willing to try that but I am not too familiar with Ruby scripting (not anymore been over 10 years). Most YouTube videos I have found are not for VX but for VX Ace and MV both in which I do not have.

Any help with this would be highly appreciated.

Tiles.PNG

On 12/3/2018 at 5:44 AM, roninator2 said:

The only way to do this is to make an additional tile sheet (tile E) with pass-ability settings set and then you would do Shift click mapping to make it look good.

tiles.PNG

EDIT: For some reason it is not letting me pass through the new blocks, even when I put a STAR (however, the O allows me to go over it). Any idea on why I cannot pass through it?

EDIT: I got it to work thank you so much for your help.

Edited by JoeZ

actually I just realized that it could have been done another way. 

Shift click map for the edge around the walking path and not put anything for the walking path, then use events with graphics for the ceiling that is set to above player.

Both solutions assume the player will not walk on the castle wall, which you can do if you gave a path to it. Then you would need to do a little more eventing.