Vis_Mage

Battle Pouch - Script Request

Hello! :) 

I was hoping someone could help me create a, inventory related script.

What I'm hoping to create is a "Battle Pouch", which essentially acts as a secondary inventory (with a limited capacity, ideally based on a variable, for the sake of future-proofing). In battle, using the item command would not give you access to your main inventory, but instead only to the items you placed into your Battle Pouch beforehand. 

As a side note, I don't know if it would be easier to go about making this from scratch, or by building off of an existing script, but I do already make use of the Storage Boxes script. These do allow you to place items in a separate inventory, although I don't know if accessing them/using them in battle would be feasible. I just thought I'd toss the idea out there in case it makes things easier.

I hope this all makes sense. By all means, let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Uh, well I did make my own storage script and made the normal inventory smaller in my game, but it's not quite the same thing. Oh! And there was this script somewhere, I think it was called 'actor inventory' that let you equip items to a party member's inventory and only the items you equipped there could be used in battle. With Yanfly's equip engine I think you could give yourself extra equip slots for them too...

Thank you for the advice everyone! :)

7 hours ago, roninator2 said:

This may be resolved as the member posted this question on RPGMakeWeb which Sixth responded with a snippet. 

Indeed, Sixth helped me get things worked out last night, so all is good now.