kurin

an annoying TSBS error...

image.png.8983c8af54d55865e5c1605b1e6859c3.png

I'm testing out the Theolized Sideview Battle System, fun script, learning the basics. but when my characters are about to do a critical hit, I get the error shown above.

idk if others have had this problem and they've been answered as well, but I'm having trouble finding answers. I saw ONE on another forum that suggested putting this line into datamanager:

BattleManager.setup($data_system.test_troop_id, true, false)

which I did, but it looks like that didn't work.

i HATE asking for help with errors that are probably VERY simple to fix, (I feel like an annoying customer service client...) but google hasn't provided me with any answers. so if anyone knows how to fix this or at least has an idea that COULD work, please help!!

Are you using another script that might effect critical hits? If so, it might be because one of them overwrites something in a way the other script dosn't like. You can try switching the order of the two scripts in the script list and see if it helps, but some scripts just don't work together well.

Edited by Kayzee

9 hours ago, Kayzee said:

Are you using another script that might effect critical hits? If so, it might be because one of them overwrites something in a way the other script dosn't like. You can try switching the order of the two scripts in the script list and see if it helps, but some scripts just don't work together well.

theo's battle system shouldn't mess with critical hits that much, but I looked and found these lines in the basic module.

image.png.440a7740ff1ac573b19c27a905d9d917.png

that MIGHT have a connection, but I'm not sure. it can't be yanfly's battle system, I've been using that for years and it's never given me problems, so it HAS to be this one.

Edited by kurin

3 hours ago, kurin said:

theo's battle system shouldn't mess with critical hits that much, but I looked and found these lines in the basic module.

image.png.440a7740ff1ac573b19c27a905d9d917.png

that MIGHT have a connection, but I'm not sure. it can't be yanfly's battle system, I've been using that for years and it's never given me problems, so it HAS to be this one.

Hi there!

same happened to me when I put Formation Bonus by Vlue. By any chance do you use it?

I changed 

#this
value = apply_critical(value, user) if @result.critical
#    value = apply_critical(value) if @result.critical

Search (CTRL+SHIFT+F) for 

apply_critical(value

And try to modify as I did (not the default RMVA scripts!!), at least worked for me.

Hope it helps

Edited by Chucksaint

43 minutes ago, Chucksaint said:

Hi there!

same happened to me when I put Formation Bonus by Vlue. By any chance do you use it?

I changed 

#this
#    value = apply_critical(value) if @result.critical

Search (CTRL+SHIFT+F) for 

apply_critical(value

And try to modify as I did (not the default RMVA scripts!!), at least worked for me.

Hope it helps

image.png.464b87dddb2bd9bd9eca2559c448cb70.png

changed to:

image.png.4b5e88cc2bea51e7417de4f445337622.png

like that? :0

Edited by kurin

I didn't change in TSBS, but in formation bonus from

value = apply_critical(value) if @result.critical

to

I added only the

, user

and appears to have fix the problem, now i don't know wich scripts you had, but anything that overrides critical has to be edited probably

Sorry if I can't be of much help ^^'

58 minutes ago, Chucksaint said:

I didn't change in TSBS, but in formation bonus from

value = apply_critical(value) if @result.critical

to

I added only the

, user

and appears to have fix the problem, now i don't know wich scripts you had, but anything that overrides critical has to be edited probably

Sorry if I can't be of much help ^^'

I tried your idea and....

image.png.b096b3382e8d2913006c3165f0fd9b4a.png

didn't work. ;;;;

I'm using the theolized sideview battle system, and I edited line 1038 of the basic module. these are the scripts I have for the system:

image.png.c025d120580cb13b063d7a8d5c828f0a.png

I'm not sure which one could be overriding critical, though.

I went into check out line 357, and I saw that it was pretty much the same line as the one I edited. I put the ", user" back into the theo script, and I also put it into the game_battler script. not sure if that's what I was supposed to do? I'll see if it worked or not if I get the error again.

I think that MIGHT have solved the issue. considering it said "wrong number of arguments" before, and now both scripts say:

that may have fixed it, but I'm not sure. I want to keep this thread open just in case the problem comes back.

Edited by kurin

3 hours ago, Chucksaint said:

I advise you to NOT edit RMVXA base scripts, if you forget and need to change it again it could be troublesome.

I'm happy that worked for you too ^^

if I need to go back and fix it, I can just use the unaltered code from an old project.

when I went with your advice and put the ", user" line back into theo's script, that error would pop up every time I would try to attack, not just with critical hits. so it looks like the best way to fix the override is to make sure both Game_Battler and theo's base module say "value = apply_critical(value, user)", not just "(value)". I could be wrong, idk, but so far it seems to be working fine.

I would of made a copy of that portion of the original script and put it into a scriptlet, then made the modifications on that.

It's somewhat my wheelhouse, lol

Also, you're using TSBS, and I wish you the best of luck with that complicated, convoluted mess, lolz

2 hours ago, PhoenixSoul said:

I would of made a copy of that portion of the original script and put it into a scriptlet, then made the modifications on that.

It's somewhat my wheelhouse, lol

Also, you're using TSBS, and I wish you the best of luck with that complicated, convoluted mess, lolz

tsbs is DEFINITELY a learning process, but I like it so far!

I'm gonna say this problem's been solved, soooo go ahead and close this forum please!