So I am making a really small project to learn on how rpg maker can function as an adventure/puzzle game. [A similarity I can think of off hand is Mad Father in that style]. So I thought that the simplest thing I could do is a key and door event. Player needs a key to get in [or in the case, out] of a room. I set up the event as a branching path event, if the player has the key they will be able to open the door and free to explore the rest of the level. However, when the player is supposed to not be able to leave, the door vanishes for a moment before reappearing. I am unsure if I did anything wrong in making the event or if this is how the engine works? Any help would be appreciated!

Forum Feedback and Support is for posting questions and sharing thoughts related to the site. Therefore, I have moved this thread to Editor Support and Discussion. I also have added MV prefix to your thread, basing on what you have mentioned in your previous thread. :) 

Hey Crystal! Can you send a screenshot of the event page for us to inspect? I think it may be how rpgmaker handles things if what I'm thinking is right. Since when a door opens it goes bye bye and should stay gone as if it's adjacent to a wall that we can't see from the perspective of the maker. But you say it happens when they shouldn't be able to leave so if you send a screenshot I might be able to see what's up. 

Hehe perfect! I had a similar issue when I first started out as well. It was because when your character would access the door, the door would then move to face the player, if a door faces the player then it's going to use whatever sprite (up, down, left, etc) which was the bye bye door sprite. If make it so its direction can't move via a direction fix then the door will do as it's told. Glad I could help :)