CSellers

Help Request- Name Input Window Location

Hello! I am new to the forum, so I apologize if my post is out of place. I have been working with VX Ace for a while but still consider myself a novice. I am working on a project that will utilize name input quite a bit. I want to change a few things. I want the name input window to pop and and be located at the bottom left of the screen. Also when the window pops up, it blurs the background but I want the player to be able to read the text on my parallax, so I need to remove this effect. Finally If there is a way to remove the lines under the letters, that would be awesome. I am currently using a keyboard input script, that allows us to use the keyboard to enter text. (It also hides the keyboard portion of the window)

I appreciate all your help! Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Yanfly's ace message script can show the name window. You can position it left, center or right. But it would be on top of the text box window. There should be a way to position the name box lower if that's what you want.

As for lines under letters, you need to explain more. Perhaps a screen shot of the issue. I don't recall ever seeing lines under letters.

@roninator2 He wants to change the name input window, not the name window. I don't think Yanfly's ace message script can help with that.

Though I assume you really mean Window_NameEdit (where the text is) and not  Window_NameInput (where you move around the controller and choose letters)? The location of that window is calculated in it's 'initialize' method, so it's probobly not as easy to change unless you know scripting.