Sign in to follow this  
Karinakamichi

Chase Event Getting Stuck in Corner of Maps?

I don't understand what your event 4 is doing. Your event 11 looks fine but why use variables 3 & 4 if you just set the location to 1 & 2. Event 10 is above players? this would make it to never touch or cause a game over. The oni should not appear in that area unless your common event is not correct.

Hello @Karinakamichi,

I have moved this thread from Tutorials to Editor Support and Discussion.

The Tutorial area is for posting your own tutorials, not for posting your issues and seeking for help. Editor Support and Discussion is the area for discussing the software and/or seeking for support with its features.

I also have removed your post (that was exactly the same as here in OP) from that tutorial thread.
Not only that tutorial thread was designed for MV, while you're having an issue in Ace, the same thing as above apply - the tutorial area isn't for posting your issues and seeking for help, but for people posting their own tutorials, therefore, your post was offtopic, as it wasn't commenting the tutorial, nor at least referring to it, but simply hijacking it with your own issue not related to the tutorial.

Don't worry, everything is fine now. Just please keep it all in mind next time. Thank you and have a nice day! 😁

16 hours ago, roninator2 said:

I don't understand what your event 4 is doing. Your event 11 looks fine but why use variables 3 & 4 if you just set the location to 1 & 2. Event 10 is above players? this would make it to never touch or cause a game over. The oni should not appear in that area unless your common event is not correct.

Yeah, I removed event 4, and I've followed this tutorial since then, but the oni is just appearing where I place it on the map instead of relocating where the player comes through the door at. The variables aren't working or something. 

)since then, but now the monster is just appearing  

Com 1.png

Com 2.png

Oni Chase.png

Oni.png

Event Summon.png

Well there are a few differences. Beside the fact that you event 11 is now event 2? Did you start a new map? Anyways...

The event 2 as you have just shown is the same as event 11 from before and both are not using the variables for the enemy.

You have Oni = variable 1 & 2

The tutorial is Robot = Variables 3 & 4 <- which is correct.

That was what I had asked before. Why use variables 3 & 4 if you just assign the position to 1 & 2.

There are other differences, but what you have for them looks like it might be better.

I just put all of that tutorial together and got it working. Maybe with a few adjustments though. The one thing I don't like it that the player movement stops when the enemy touches him.

image.png.70387d1a9f70b034a1c6251cb137b601.png

image.png.930099c59a27d4b858fa0a6220730855.png

image.png.d67a6b73f44c411b7a9560d291462357.png

image.png.08024a00867b909513590a227e1a87b0.png

image.png.c44252760c74cf1f53df4caa1dc2d83d.png