Zaabos

MOTM - Moons of True Magic

MOTM-LOGO.png

Well met, Traveler, please step closer.

Tell me, Traveler, did you just stumble through the window or are you looking for something specific?

Is it Adventure? Emotion? Maybe some insight into the inner workings of the world? How about a story that involves all of that? Yes, that’s it.

Well, you’ve come to the right place. Let me show you the world of ‘Rukia, home to many humans very much like yourself, who were given the gift of Magic. Not True Magic, no. That would be blasphemous. Just your usual, run-of-the-mill practical Magic, the type that allows for small fires, summoning of spirits, and warmongering.

Magic.gif

Summon.gif

(What? Not now, Lucius. Can’t you see I’m entertaining our guest?)
(No, I… All right, calm down, Lucius. You’re right. It’s not the time.)

Err… Sorry about that.

Now, please come with me to the outskirts of Duralla.

Duralla.gif

A small town just north of the Great Desert of R’ssa. This is where our journey begins. It is a story about two brothers, their friends, and their adventures at the end of the Age of Innocence.

This, dear Traveler, is the tale of the Moons of True Magic.

(What is it, Lucius? Is that it, you ask? Yes, that’s it.)

(What do you mean it’s not enough? I even gave it a dramatic ending and everything!)

(Three hundred and fifty words? Why?)

(Ugh. You mortals and your love of rules… All right, here goes.)

So, Traveler, you want to know more about the Moons of True Magic, don’t you?
Of course, you do! Who wouldn’t?

There are five chapters to the story of our young heroes, the first of which is titled Kids from Duralla.

Chapter-one.gif

Here, Keith and his brother, Gall, discover the map to an amazing treasure hidden south of town, within the walls of the Red Pit, a bandit and monster-ridden system of hills and caves.

Rinna, their best friend, decides to join the party, and together they set to find riches beyond their wildest dreams. Things won’t be as easy as planned, though, and soon they’ll find themselves involved in events far greater than they could have foreseen.

Keith, Gall, Rinna. They are all outstanding in their own way. Would you like to know more about them?

CREDITS:
Spoiler

Filthy Peasants
Devin Lind
Aekashics
Yanfly
DreamX
Galv
Mog Hunter

Edited by Zaabos

The game appears to be very beautiful. I like the maps from the previews. The custom battlers look great in the battle's settings. However, I do not know what this game is about. May you please be a more direct about the game and its features?

Greetings human @FranklinX, I´m sure you don´t mind if I call you Frank.
Indeed, the world of ´Rukia is a beautiful place. The "game" as you call it, will be a classic JRPG where the tale of two brothers will be told. We will be feeding this post with the features in game, but I think your observation is quite good and we should also update the primary post with the features the game will have so you end with a better picture of what is this all about from the start.

I appreciate your interest!

[Mechanic]Banners-l-amp-l.png
I said before that humans were blessed with the gift of magic. Remember, Traveler? I also stated it was not True Magic, but a simplified version of it, much less harmful in the hands of such fleeting, whimsical beings.

This, however, does not rid the children from abiding by the rules of magic, namely the Laws of Impulse.

I love a good dramatic pause. Don’t you, Traveler?

Anyway. The Laws of Impulse refer to the drive behind the magic applied. Is the power used to destroy or to create? Is it protection you seek, or to vanquish your enemies?

If your objective is destruction, then you’re acting under a Luth Impulse, whereas a desire to create or preserve is considered a Lunn Impulse.

Magic-Impulse1.gif

It is that simple, yes. But do not be hasty, my friend, since the Laws of Impulse pervade all aspects of life on ‘Rukia. Whether you’re a simple peasant or a member of royalty, your actions set you on a path, even if you’re not familiar with these laws.

Ignorance is not an escape from accountability.

Also, deeds can be classified as good or evil, but what really matters is how things are accomplished. That is what changes each human’s tendency from Luth to Lunn, and vice versa.

Magic-Impulse2.gif

At this point, you may wonder if balance is possible. The answer is yes. There are, however, very few who can attain it, and doing so allows them to reap the benefits of both impulses.

Magic-Impulse13.gif

So please, Traveler, be mindful of your actions while wandering this world, for every choice will change you deeply.
Edited by Zaabos

[Character]Banners-bree.png

After seeing Bree leaving his clan and the Great Desert altogether, I was surprised to see him bond with anyone else, let alone the son of a baker.

Perhaps I should have expected as much since the reason he left was the fact that he wouldn’t accept his heritage as an assassin, and apparently, he was just waiting to receive enough training that would allow him to escape.

That is why our little rebel ran North all the way to Duralla, where he became friends with Keith and acquaintances with his brother, Gall. He also managed to join a militia that fights the Empire… for some reason.

Thanks to his training, Bree is capable to pierce through the hardest armor, be it manmade or natural. This together with his ability to hasten his movements, makes him an excellent assassin. That’s why he also studies the Ways of the Kufra, Shamans of the desert well versed in protection and healing spells.

Bree’s intuition serves him well, although he sometimes falls victim to his highly developed sense of justice, which makes him easy to deceive. Maybe he will find truth during the events to come.

Edited by Zaabos

[Mechanic]Forbidden-Impulse.png

Ah, the Impulses! The rules! Creation and Destruction!

If only it were so simple.

Lucius here did not want me to tell you about the third Impulse, Traveler, arguing it is taboo… Which it is, of course, but I find it that ignorance is no excuse for breaking tradition. Don’t you agree?

So I decided to explain to you the Blood Impulse, both created by and creator of Warlocks –whom we will study in the future, fret not. For now, let us focus on the matter at hand.

The Blood Impulse is a third way of doing things, one that my brethren would consider sinful. This may be understood in many ways such as draining the life force of your own friends to strengthen yourself, killing one of Ox-Varan’s sacred beasts, or even solving ordinary, everyday issues by means deemed contrary to Aeari traditions.

It is a choice, Traveler; your choice. Just as you can choose Lunn or Luth as your Impulse, you may also follow the Trail of Blood. You need to be aware, however, that this is a path of derision of all things divine.

Should you choose to walk the way of the Warlock, you will do so without the protection of the Moons.

Edited by Zaabos

[Character]Banners-keith.png

In the tale of the Moons of True Magic there are many characters we will follow, Traveler, but let us begin with one of the most unremitting ones.

Keith, a relentless force of will that drives our story. He’s a naïve kid, with nothing but love and admiration for his family and friends. Not so much for others, though, since he’s been training to, let’s say, borrow things without asking.

He’s stubborn, quick with a dagger and effective with the sword. His combat style is wild, undisciplined, and highly physical.

A rogue with a heart of gold, Keith’s goal is to help his family live a better life, and well, what could be better than taking a bunch of treasure from a long-forgotten shrine, right?

What do you think about this character, Traveler?
Also, just for fun, can you guess what is his favorite food?
Edited by Zaabos

[Lore]Lore.png

(What is it, Lucius?)

(murmurs)

(What? I didn’t? Really?)

(murmurs)

(Why would you allow me such discourtesy to our guest, Lucius?)

(Well? Don’t just stand there trembling, human. Answer me!)

(Ha-ha! Got you, Lucius. You should have seen your face. You thought I was about to erase you. Didn’t you? Of course, you did.)

(Anyway.)

Traveler! Please come close. I was just advised by my fainthearted apprentice about the fact that I forgot to introduce myself.

So please, I beg of you, let me rectify this terrible oversight right now.

I am Zaabos, The Destroyer; Master of Entropy, Knowledge, and Secrets. Keeper of History. First of the Aeari, and Guardian of the Gates.

I’m also a music enthusiast and collector of souls.

My work is simple, Traveler: I observe and record. I gather the essence of those who die. I delete from existence whatever and whenever I see fit.

I was the first one to cross the Gates of Chaos into this realm and will be the one to close them behind me, come the end of time.

Remember this, Traveler, for I am the only certainty on the road ahead.
Edited by Zaabos