Animebryan

Anyone still need Yanfly's Plugins?

After hearing the unsettling news about Yanfly's Plugins being locked behind a paywall, and that anyone who downloaded them for free already can still use them freely, I feel like he's punishing innocent users for what a few bad apples have done which I don't agree with. So to help out those who still need them, I'm providing my collection of his plugins.

(Yanfly has stated that he doesn't want his 'free' plugins redistributed (WTF?) Yanfly's 'Free' Plugins list )

Fuck Yanfly (a.k.a. Lucifer)!!! If anyone needs his plugins, just ask, and yee shall receive. As someone who literally has no income since 2006, I don't have excess cash to throw at this limited as fuck engine, so I understand how hard it is trying to make a game all by yourself with limited knowledge, programming skill & resources but you still wanna embrace that goal of being able to design your very own RPGs, even if only at a hobbyist level. The more free resources the easier it'll be for people to complete their games instead completely burning out & giving up due to a lack of resources or some technical limitations.

Yanfly Plugin Collection

Edited by Animebryan
Update

WHAT!?

Wow, more reason to stick with VX Ace unless someone else does MV plugins to the same caliber.

Addendum: At least the VX Ace plugins are untouched by this...I hope that remains so.

Edited by PhoenixSoul

Do you heve the weapon animation plug in? (the in battle weapon sprite) Or any similar plug in.

I would buy the plug in from Yanfly but im currently trapped at my country home because on the "CORONAVIRUS" and can't access my bank, to add money to my PayPal :( so i can't buy the plug in 

EDIT: PS/ im fairly new to the editor

here in my Gmail if you can help: satusaturno@gmail.com

Edited by WinterCherry

Nonsense! I've been getting quite a few requests through PMs for them & I'm gonna do what Yanfly (a.k.a. Lucifer) no longer has the decency to do & continue distributing to those who ask. Besides, 'Lucifer' deserves it after all the negative comments he made towards the entire RM community & started a witch hunt on par with the #MeToo movement by going around & pointing fingers at innocent people accusing them of code theft/plagiarism just because a FEW assholes did it. So suddenly, WE ALL are dishonest degenerates just because of a few asshats wanted to make a quick buck off of his and others' work.

'Lucifer' has finally shown his true colors & has fallen from grace! Let 'em burn I say! Let him burn! 

On 5/15/2020 at 2:54 PM, egging said:

Does anyone know where I can grab some? I used to have most of them but not all, computer got wiped a while back.

Yeah; Bryan here will distro.

I don't necessarily have a problem with Yanfly putting his (at least I think Yanfly's a he...btw, what is Yanfly's signature avatar supposed to be anyways?) plugins behind a paywall other than the fact he stated in his retirement video that there is no way to verify who has and hasn't purchased his plugins and since up to roughly the beginning of November in 2019 they were all free...

If there is no way to verify who has and hasn't made a purchase on a plugin which used to be free, then just how people could bypass his paywall, he could also accuse others of stealing even if they had obtained his plugins way before he enacted a paywall.

If anything, I would've been more okay with Yanfly's actions had he applied his paywall to future plugins (not that he's going to make them) as opposed to turning a majority of his plugins which used to be free into cash grabs for himself. And yes, while he says that the money will be going to help fund the community, this community has been sponsored in ways which did not involve such egregious tactics.

TL;DR You're right, he's fallen as low as this community has ever sense MV came out. You've seen the major shift.

Honestly, I've seen how the whole RM community has changed from the days rpgmakervx.net (Anyone here remember that far back?) Those were the days where people were about helping one another and making cool things with the engine just to relive moments from their childhood. But like the rest of the world, people change. Midway through Ace's life cycle did you really start to notice how things went from we to I to open to closed. Sure, you could write code but people were able to take that code and improve upon it or build new versions. There's only so many ways you can write the same piece of code before it becomes a battle of he said she said. In this case, theft or not. It's not right to justify what has become of today's community. People are so chaotic over nothing. Acting like their next piece of code or asset is the biggest AAA thing. It's really not, and people get really insecure over the dumbest shit. I don't partake on the main forums because of it. I refuse. It's cancel culture at it's finest especially if you don't suck up to the moderation team. Everyone is out and about for themselves. Yanfly was always set in his ways I'm just as shocked he's fallen this low. Back then it was about taking the code, improving upon his work and adapt to it. His style of coding was something A LOT of people mimic. I swear ever sense MV dropped, the toxicity is at an all time high. I pre-ordered the stupid thing thinking it was going to be pretty stable and improved upon like Ace was to VX. Nope, instead we've got a buggy ass mess of an engine which feels like the developers had no idea what they really wanted to do with it and it's been abandon ever sense patch 1.6.1. You have people ask about it and it either falls on deaf ears or they get backlash being told to behave and it's coming. Two years later and not a word. 

Yanfly is apparently some form of chibi-kawaii bunny bounce-ball, as far as I can tell. lolz

Their work is amazing, absolutely. Their ethics, whilst never stellar, used to be far better. The plugin tutorials were informative and useful, but then, I knew shit was going down when the comments were disabled...and then, the paywall. Wow. Now, if the plugins were sold on Steam, I could buy them that way...(I've mentioned this before), but Patreon is an absolute fucking idiotic platform and it enables wealth-privilege-based garbage such as poor and disabled shaming.

For those who only have access to what physical currency can purchase, Patreon is a middle finger to them, and to me because yeah, I'M ONLY ABLE TO USE PHYSICAL CURRENCY. Patreon, you can take your credit card requirement and SHOVE IT.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:22 AM, Mordliss said:

he started to think he was more important then he actually was

Yanfly has just been depreciated. I disagree. While there were reasons for Yanfly to remove her plugins from the public, I would say that all she needed to do was put tighter controls on the use of them, not make them paid for. Some authors have their script free for non-commercial but paid for commercial use.

Regardless, Yanfly's plugins are of great value and she has always been a leading contributor to the RPG Maker community. It was only due to a few bad apples that caused harsh measures to be implemented.

As long as you make free games then using Yanfly plugins is not a big issue. It's when you get into making a commercial game where it becomes a problem as you are new and would have normally have had to pay for the plugins; from a legal standpoint it would be a violation.

m2c