Hello every, I'm Yujin and I'm very excited to share my ideas with you all! I'm currently working on my first EVER game and production has come along quite well(even tho my events are very messy >_<) The game is set in a modern day magically world, mainly Japan, and I'v spent a lot of time in planning making characters feel real. Now with that being said I have ran into some speed bumps along the way😅 The characters in the generator feel a bit too medieval for the time period it's in(2000s) and I was hoping somebody could help me out with that. All I need is some modern looking clothing like hoodies and school clothing, but if you have a good tileset for maybe the outside or school area I'd appreciate it as well. I know this project of mine is very ambitious to say it's my first, but with a bit of patients and hard work I'd say it could be amazing. I'll send a demo of the first act when it's done :3

There are tilesets for modern-day stuffs. They are paid assets, but are not very expensive. If you go via Steam or HB, you'll often find discounts for these.

As for modern sprites, Looseleaf has plenty of modern-esque sprite pieces. Hope it helps.

Oh, and welcome to the misfit fam. Ya like music?

8 hours ago, PhoenixSoul said:

There are tilesets for modern-day stuffs. They are paid assets, but are not very expensive. If you go via Steam or HB, you'll often find discounts for these.

As for modern sprites, Looseleaf has plenty of modern-esque sprite pieces. Hope it helps.

Oh, and welcome to the misfit fam. Ya like music?

I LOVE music and although rock isnt my favorite its still pretty high on my genre list.

4 hours ago, FranklinX said:

Welcome to the forums. Developing a game is like taking a journey, and I hope you enjoy the process. Which RPG Maker are you using?

At first it was VXA, but i switched over to MV because of its generator. Best choice of my life if you ask me XD

1 hour ago, Yujin Kamikaze said:

At first it was VXA, but i switched over to MV because of its generator. Best choice of my life if you ask me XD

Looseleaf isn't going to help you much then. Well, unless you use Looseleaf resized for MV, but I've only seen that via the workshop for Game Character Hub Portfolio Edition.

FTR, that pack is helping me a lot since I am using MV's angled faces for my current project.
I also don't know if there are MV conversions for the modern day tilesets available for VX Ace. Of course, converting those is fairly simple.

You may find MV resources limiting in every other area. I remained on Ace because of the plethora of readily available resources straight across the board.

MV seems to have suffered from a lack of community contribution.

Edited by That One NPC

Greetings and welcome :) 

That's the best way to start learning new skills. It helps to keep things consistent and even if you don't fully create new resources then learning how to edit existing ones would also work.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:25 PM, Yujin Kamikaze said:

I have a similar experience. Although I jumped from XP to VX to VXA to MV. My journey has been very long. I also love the features from MV.