So basically my idea is an animal crossing type house customization system. Is there any good way to do it without loads and loads of variables? Any help is appreciated!

Edited by Gamingstar

There is indeed a script for customizable interiors that allows you to identify the items you want the player to be able to work with, even make some items functioning events like pets, save points, anything you want, really.

• Like 1

I didn't even know that there was such a script. Can thank Pokémon R/S/E for instilling the desire to have this kind of thing in any RPG...lol

Link to demo project 404'd, one script is corrupted on Pastebin.

The link provided is rendered useless.

Edited by PhoenixSoul
Informing of problems
  • Like 1

I have it. I'm sketched out by the legal and moral issues with sharing that sort of thing.

Hmmm. I may have gone digging for another way to get it, because it is an amazing script. You don't even have to limit it to interiors. I had an idea of making an FFT1 style strategy rpg where you command your army from an island on the overwolrd map (or an overworld map) using that script to let you build different structures and areas around the town, imoroving your unit class access and other player means.

Edited by That One NPC

I was able to go to the base page by simply removing /raw from the URL.