PhoenixSoul

RPG Maker Offline Builds

Does anyone know of any offline RM builds?

I mean the legitimate ones. Not talking about the archived ones (though there's not really any difference).

Since Steam is being a piece of garbage and my hardware and financial situation are not going to improve any time soon (likely going to worsen actually), I haven't any real option other than using offline builds. I don't know what to do; this is my passion and if I have to throw it all away...

Spoiler

I may as well do the same to myself...

I originally asked this question because I was worried that Big Picture mode was going to keep me from running Steam entirely (which also means no offline mode @AutumnAbsinthe). Of course, this is also a legitimate concern for when Steam goes offline as it eventually will.

A license key? I dunno if the Steam Key counts as a license key, @FranklinX...

15 hours ago, PhoenixSoul said:

I originally asked this question because I was worried that Big Picture mode was going to keep me from running Steam entirely (which also means no offline mode @AutumnAbsinthe). Of course, this is also a legitimate concern for when Steam goes offline as it eventually will.

A license key? I dunno if the Steam Key counts as a license key, @FranklinX...

I think your best option is the same one that I give everyone. You may need to ask RPG Maker's customer support. Explain your situation and they may work with you. I hope they do.

I also wanted to get RPG Maker that wasn't on Steam so I bought it off of the official web store. There's still a sale going!

MV is $20: https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/rpg-maker-mv

VXA is $14: https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/rpg-maker-vx-ace

The other ones are under the products tab. And most of the DLC is also on sale.

It is totally DRM free afaik. EDIT: actually you have to activate a license which they send you by email. After that it will work offline and no need to connect to Steam.

Edited by UncannyBoots

1 minute ago, UncannyBoots said:

Is there any way you could buy some sort of Visa gift card irl?

If I had the means of acquiring, yes. Maybe. Not sure. I know that PayFiend is out of the question (only if PayFiend goes back to being an anonymous payment platform will I ever use them again). I say maybe because they don't say they accept debit cards, just credit cards.