Fox420

Is there anyone on here that has any experience converting VX scripts to Ace?

I know it's a long shot, but since most people who worked with VX regular and Ace making scripts are no longer active I'm seeing if anyone that's still active could help me convert a script. It was made in VX but I'm wanting to see if someone can remake it for Ace possibly. i'd pay a little bit of cash for the help if needed.

@Fox420 I took a look at it and it appears to me that one could import this directly into VX Ace. However, I am a novice at coding, so I may be mistaken, but to me, I don't see a lot of difference between the structure of this and any RGSS3 script...
(just be glad it was hosted on deprecated 4shared instead of dropandbreakbox...erm, dropbox)

That's good news. I have no idea how to code myself, I do have experience with the engine and working with pre-made scripts. And yeah.. sadly a lot of people hosted stuff on Dropbox years ago and that site deletes files if more than 10 people visit it within a certain time frame.. like a week or so.

The script does not give any errors, but I have not been able to get it to work in a vx ace project.

Some modification should be needed. I would also suggest that whoever converts it to make it either use terrain tags or regions. Right now it is set to specific tiles on the A sheet.

Well if anyone could help me change it to work with Ace, I'd really appreciate it. Been wanting to make a treasure hunting game.

Come to think of it, I recall sometime back I saw a video on YouTube about this exact type of feature. It was TsukiHime's video, and though I recall little about the smaller details, the function did use a weapon for the shovel, so it might be useful to look for that video.

However, it may or may not aid here.

I'd have no clue as to how to adapt the script to work with region IDs or terrain tags, though @Kayzee or @Rikifive might...

The fun thing about me is, that I barely used the map editor and the database in general, other than for tests/science. All my games had everything blank, as everything was in scripts and the games worked solely on these, so I'm not really the best person to ask for help with map-related things, never really toyed with regions and stuff like this.

I wanted to take a look at this, but I'm unable to download the demo. The site requires me to login into social media, which isn't something I'm willing to do, nor toy with. I'm too lazy to read agreements and stuff, but there's always something suspicious in that, because otherwise why they'd need that.