NTMonday

Help me decide, Eastern or Western theme?

Help me decide the theme  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi guys! I just start my first game project and still cannot decide the theme... 

so I decide to ask for opinions 😌

My game (which still doesn't have a name) is mainly about the royal family's fight over the throne

The protagonist is one of many princes who need to struggle in order to survive in this cruel environment

The game system is more like visual novel RPG with puzzle, romance, politics and some minor fighting system (not so focus though)

Every decisions is essential and could lead to different endings

That's all for the brief info.

Now, what I cannot decide is whether I should choose the western style or eastern style theme 😅

Actually, I first plan to make it in Chinese theme but realize that Chinese name is...quite hard to read

and I'm worried that players wouldn't be able to remember the characters' name (it's quite important)

so I wonder if I should use Japanese name instead?

The other choice is western style like normal fantasy game (FE FF LA RF etc.) which is more familiar to most players

Like, it will suit one's taste easier?

Sooo if it was you, which style would you prefer to play? Thanks in advance for all the opinions!

Personally I think it would be more interesting to see something a little more unusual, like Indian or Arabian or Polynesian... But I am a weirdo anyway.

Also, I personally don't find Chinese names hard to read. They might be hard to pronounce, but not to visually parse. Well, unless they are written with Chinese characters of course, I don't know Chinese characters.