PhoenixSoul

An Inquiry About RGSS...

In a strict programming sense, yes, that is obviously THE problem, but I don't see that as A problem. Rather, that's the fun challenge.

Not that I'm likely going to be the one to succeed...

...maybe I'm super naive about this, but it seems to me eminently doable.

First, clone the repo, and merge all corresponding .c and .h-files, since Ruby doesn't really use headers.

Then, replace all typedef and structs with... is it DEF(?), and move variable and function declarations in headers into class definitions.

After that, find all the call sites where cholocate doom would use SDL2 for things like drawing, playing sound and catching input, and replace

those with whatever the equivalent would be for your RPG maker version.

...then, I guess, remove the default scripts?

I have zero experience with porting games, btw. All this is feelies.

Edited by Aletheos

10 hours ago, Aletheos said:

In a strict programming sense, yes, that is obviously THE problem, but I don't see that as A problem. Rather, that's the fun challenge.

Not that I'm likely going to be the one to succeed...

...maybe I'm super naive about this, but it seems to me eminently doable.

First, clone the repo, and merge all corresponding .c and .h-files, since Ruby doesn't really use headers.

Then, replace all typedef and structs with... is it DEF(?), and move variable and function declarations in headers into class definitions.

After that, find all the call sites where cholocate doom would use SDL2 for things like drawing, playing sound and catching input, and replace

those with whatever the equivalent would be for your RPG maker version.

...then, I guess, remove the default scripts?

I have zero experience with porting games, btw. All this is feelies.

Trust me, no matter how similar some of the syntax may look at first glance, C and Ruby are way way different and it's really not something you can easily do just by searching and replacing stuff. There are a lot of really fundamental differences in the way they handle just about everything. That said, source to source compilers are a thing, though I don't know if there is a C to Ruby one.