Zen Blood

How do I change a cursor's starting position in a command window?

Hello, everyone.

There was a thread on here that asked a similar question back in 2015, but it looked like the OP was attempting to create this effect for all windows, instead of a specific window like I want to do.

I have a customized window for a puzzle that accesses class Window_HorzCommand. The player's selection cursor keeps redirecting to the first choice because I need to refresh the command bar each time a selection is made. I have found out that I can control where the cursor starts here:

class Window_Command < Window_Selectable
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Object Initialization
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def initialize(x, y)
    clear_command_list
    make_command_list
    super(x, y, window_width, window_height)
    refresh
    select(0) # <------ Right there
    activate
  end

Here's the order of my classes: Window_CustomWindow < Window_HorzCommandWindow_HorzCommand < Window_Command

I want to Window_Command's select value specifically for Window_CustomWindow. From that point on, I can easily figure out what to do. I'd just need to create a variable that changes depending on the player's last selection, that would change the value of select, so that the cursor would begin in the player's last selected position.

How would I change select for my custom class? I feel it may involve an alias, or something, but nothing is coming together in my head.

Thank you for your time!