Chaos Krux

Advanced Confusion State?

Oh boy, back again... If it wasn't apparent how comically inept I am at coding and scripting, here's more proof~ I do feel quite bad continuously asking for so much, but of course you're all quite welcome to just ignore this and go about you day~

I'll get to the point. I'm sure most of you know that Confusion in RPG Maker makes the victim attack any, be it their allies or their enemies, regardless of player input. I have altered my version of confusion so that the victim always targets their allies, and this state works well for a majority of the game. However, I was wondering if there might be away to improve the effect of confusion beyond simply attacking one's allies. More specifically, I would like to create an alternative version of the confusion state (perhaps named something like infatuation) that causes the victim to actually use their abilities instead of simply using their normal attack. Even more specific than that, I'd like the victim to be able to use positive spells, such as buffing or healing spells, and perhaps even items on their enemies. It would be completely fine if this effect replaced the effect of causing victims to attack their allies. Essentially this status would turn its victim into a source of buffs and healing for the enemy team. Think Brainwash from Persona or Confusion in certain Final Fantasy Games. I am almost positive that such an elaborate setup would need a script, but I have been unable to find anything of the sort so far. So I thought I'd try my luck here. As always, any and all help any of you could give me would be very much appreciated~

Edited by Chaos Krux
Examples for Reference

Really 'confusion' status usually implies being confused about what is an ally and what isn't and/or scrambling the player's controls. What you are talking about I am pretty sure is usually called 'charm' I think. Actually in my game I have a charm status that petty much works exactly like you describe, but I am using my own battle system/enemy AI system and it doesn't work in the default battle system. Also it only effects enemies right now anyway since I have no AI code on the player's end.

I will tell you one thing though: The basic idea about how my charm status worked is that it mostly just swaps the @friends_unit and @opponents_unit when creating a Game_Action object. With the default battle system the status might be able to work by doing that and setting a actor's 'auto battle' flag.

Now I've been confused~ This is the problem with asking for help from people smarter than me~ I really have no idea how I would go about swapping those two things or anything like that without breaking the game by accident. I'm sure that probably would work if I knew how to do it, but I'm really quite a novice at anything to do with code. Thanks for your time, though~ Perhaps I might look into it, but I doubt I could get it to work.

After much trial and error and a long time of searching, I have managed to find a script that performs quite well. While it's not perfect, it does what I wanted it to do well enough. Thank you for your time anyway~

I am curious too!

Edit: Also sorry for confusing you... To be honest I find the whole way the battle system works in VX Ace a bit confusing myself. Mostly because everything is scattered about different places and it can be hard to find what you want.

Edited by Kayzee