Copying and pasting duplicate map events can be a pain. With this script, you can duplicate an event by assigning it to a Region ID and then place the Region IDs without having to copy and paste each time; it's like the common event system but for map events. If you want to fix a mistake or make a change, you can simply edit the source event instead of going to every individual event and replacing it with the new one!

The instructions are simple. First decide in the "GLOBAL_EVENT_MAP" line if you want your source events to be stored in a designated map or in every map that uses a Region ID. I recommend that you create a designated map, because then each Region ID will always replicate the same event no matter what map the Region ID is put on (do be warned that spawning a lot of Region events this way may cause lag, depending on the amount of them and the map size). In your designated map, name the event with a "#" and add a number from 1 to 63 (since there are 63 Region IDs).

For example= "#10" will cause the event to be on top of every Region ID 10 tile. Make the source event any way you want and you're good to go!

WARNING: This script removes the ability to assign map troops to Region IDs! This script may not be compatible with other Region ID scripts, like Yanfly's Spawn Event script. I also recommend getting an anti-lag script if your computer is old.

This script was written by Kayzee as a commission for me. As the script wasn't posted publicly I got confirmation to post it. If you have any recommendations for fixes or are having compatibility issues, please reply here down below.

Script (Github): https://gist.github.com/MasterMoes1/1e2021ee724e907bfcf0d1ad96cf414f

Thank you Kayzee!

Noting that there are technically more than 64 region IDs (0 is in the array but is never used in the editor), but utilizing them requires Ruby knowledge. I recall @Tsukihimemessing about with this a long while back.

Anyway, this is pretty cool. Will definitely be keeping an archive.

Posted (edited)

0 is used it's just not displayed as zero. Any 'blank' or 'empty' tiles that don't have a region number displayed are really region zero.

That said, 0-63 can be stored in 6 bits. Looking at the code where it reads region ids in the default script, it seems like it actually uses a whole 8 bit byte to store the number though so... Maybe it is possible to have as much as 256 regions? I thought the upper two bits were used for something, but maybe not. Either way it would likely be a huge pain in the ass to edit maps with more then 64 regions.

Edited by Kayzee

12 hours ago, Kayzee said:

Either way it would likely be a huge pain in the ass to edit maps with more then 64 regions.

I wouldn't mind having like, access to 128 region tiles. Could easily make a massive game map and use eighty of them for encounters and the rest for miscellaneous stuffs. Of course, such would require a lot of power, but single game maps are not new, like, at all...

(Mother2/Earthbound)

Well really I don't know if Mother2/Earthbound really counts as being on a single map or not, but I know what you mean. Honestly though I rather see/make a script or something that lets me load more then one map at once and stitch them together seamlessly as if they were all one big map, but doing so seems like it would be pretty hard.