NumbeRED39

Come Get Your Candy: Black Rock Shooter

Come Get Your Candy: Black Rock Shooter

Somewhere in the Underworld two girls fight... OVER CANDY!

Draw your katana, load your cannon! It's time to rock!

CGYC:BRS is a small Black Rock Shooter fangame I'm working on.

The game is a silly Zelda clone with very light puzzle elements made with RPG Maker VX Ace and Falcao Pearl ABS.

It's supposed to be my first actual release and it's completed to 45-50% I'd say,  and some things are WIP still but will be replaced eventually.

Feedback is appreciated!

If anyone would be willing to help me test the game's design and find bugs, I would really appreciate it!

Just contact me here or on my GameJolt page.

Play the latest version here: https://gamejolt.com/games/cgyc_brs/519739

Changelog:

Spoiler

04/12/2020 - Version 1.4.8b

What has changed(including the build I forgot):

-Fixed a bug that would lock the player in the second challenge room, unable to clear it.

-Fixed a bug that would lock the player near a chest.

-Other minor bugfixes and improvements.

-Minor map changes.

-Minor graphical changes, mainly to the 'rock' object and red and green switches.

-Minor text changes and add a few lines of dialogue.

-Removed old 'control' image displayed in the intro and updated the 'controls' txt file.

-Enemies have been rebalanced. Changed patterns, money drops and some skills.

-The 'poison' state has been added.

-Added the 'Dr.Humke" item to cure poison.

-Changed some chests contents.

Known bugs so far:

-There's one warp in the corridor of the castle that is will bring you back to the room with the SkullKnight at the center.

This will change in the next build and was not intended  to happen.

Screenshots:

1324973455_2020-07-14(1).png.c67bca0c238506e91e88417b91290c6e.png2020-07-16.png.a43c91876c680bc44b92fa056fede975.png

More here (some are previews from WIP stuff btw):

Spoiler

2020-09-16.png.ed006d7166b785c2474f9aebf30414ed.png352606925_2020-09-16(11).png.3432de94f4a184fbea97f1fefe1260ae.png

1294379994_2020-09-16(10).png.44da676aa89039d2b79ed2b78781cbc7.png910726378_2020-09-14(1).png.77d46cf53f5f05cab823494ab463e672.png

677909413_2020-09-14(7).png.310d4ee25df845b8d90f83012daf0bf9.png

Credits

Spoiler

-Music-

Burning Cavern (Loop) - Wingless Seraph

-SE-

Rock's voice - Pearl ABS V3 demo

Evil Laugh   - (lost the source, will look into it)

-Graphics-

Rock, Gray and Skull edit by me

Shield and "Sawda" icons by me

Character busts, portraits and cutscene art by me (cutscenes are WIP of course, lol)

Weapons and Skill graphics - RPG Maker VX Ace/Falcao ABS V3 demo

-Scripts-

Pearl ABS V3 by Falcao

Remember Event Position by Shaz 

Game Over+ by DoctorTodd

Event Mimic Player Movement by FenixFyreX

CSCA Skill Shop by Casper Gaming 

+ Minor script modifications by me (Mainly just menu stuff and save screen)

Edited by NumbeRED39
Updated the game to a VERY stable version.

Only things I know about Black★Rock Shooter (can't forget the ★ ya know) is because it was part of the Battle Fantasia Project fanfic setting, and I can't remember even that all too well... But cute is cute! :3

Edited by Kayzee

3 hours ago, Kayzee said:

Only things I know about Black★Rock Shooter (can't forget the ★ ya know) is because it was part of the Battle Fantasia Project fanfic setting, and I can't remember even that all too well... But cute is cute! :3

Thanks! 

Ah, didn't know about Battle Fantasia! 

I used to be a huge Black Rock Shooter fan in highschool, so I decided to make something BRS themed, ahah. 

Edited by NumbeRED39

As cute as it is I do have one complaint. My complaint is that it uses Falcao Pearl ABS. I am not a fan of Falcao Pearl ABS. That may just me being a picky grump though. XD

Edited by Kayzee

1 hour ago, Kayzee said:

As cute as it is I do have one complaint. My complaint is that it uses Falcao Pearl ABS. I am not a fan of Falcao Pearl ABS. That may just me being a picky grump though. XD

I doubt I'll change that at this point in development, but are there other similar ABS you'd suggest over it? 

Unfortunately no... All the ABS scripts I have seen are kinda crummy for various reasons. :( Again, that may just be me being a picky grump though.

Really the main problems I have with Falcao Pearl ABS is the excessive number of keyboard keys you need and the lack of pixel-based movement. Other then that it's a little clunky but seems to work.

Very late update cause I'm a dingus!

Version 1.4.8b is out!

What has changed(including the build I forgot):

-Fixed a bug that would lock the player in the second challenge room, unable to clear it.

-Fixed a bug that would lock the player near a chest.

-Other minor bugfixes and improvements.

-Minor map changes.

-Minor graphical changes, mainly to the 'rock' object and red and green switches.

-Minor text changes and add a few lines of dialogue.

-Removed old 'control' image displayed in the intro and updated the 'controls' txt file.

-Enemies have been rebalanced. Changed patterns, money drops and some skills.

-The 'poison' state has been added.

-Added the 'Dr.Humke" item to cure poison.

-Changed some chests contents.

Known bugs so far:

-There's one warp in the corridor of the castle that is will bring you back to the room with the SkullKnight at the center.

This will change in the next build and was not intended  to happen.

Project Status Update:

As of today I will stop developing this project, life happened and I'm having a hard time giving this project the attention it needs to improve and reach completion. 

That doesn't mean I will abandon it necessarily, but as of now I have other priorities that require my full attention if I want my life to improve, so I need as little distraction as possible. 

Hope you understand. 

On 9/18/2020 at 9:18 AM, Kayzee said:

It just needs a script package plugin or edit to allow for the use of a controller. There's too many gosh darn buttons and hotkeys for a keyboard. Everyone will have different comfort settings, but using a keyboard to play games gives me carpal tunnel.

Falcao's system is otherwise a masterpiece of Ace scripting. 

On 2/23/2021 at 11:59 AM, NumbeRED39 said:

Project Status Update:

As of today I will stop developing this project, life happened and I'm having a hard time giving this project the attention it needs to improve and reach completion. 

That doesn't mean I will abandon it necessarily, but as of now I have other priorities that require my full attention if I want my life to improve, so I need as little distraction as possible. 

Hope you understand. 

May the Divines, the cosmos, and the Aether guide you...

Small update. 

Started reworking some rooms and reconsider some of the level design and game design today. 

Spoiler

IMG_20210505_185838.thumb.jpg.becb007050529fbfa0319911b3759724.jpg

IMG_20210505_185857.thumb.jpg.a502fa7be948dad0b30de461bc832965.jpg

IMG_20210505_185906.thumb.jpg.7478cba65a6887db7f7af0e0f43a5790.jpg

I hope that once I stop being so busy, I can start implementing these changes and maybe actually finishe development soon-ish, lol. 

Aight, see ya next update!