Sign in to follow this  
Wispmage

Victor Engine Animated Battles Enemy Collapse Effect

Hey all, hoping to get some help with Victor's Animated Battles script in my VX Ace project. My goal is just to remove the 90 degree sprite rotation from the enemy collapse effect. I've combed through the script as well as his Actors Battlers script but I can't seem to find where the actual animation is broken down. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

One question, why would you need to remove it? Couldn't you just... not make enemies rotate in your custom collapse animations?

I just took a look through the script, and there absolutely no mention of any rotate tag, or even the word rotate.

Can you explain the issue you're experiencing with a little more detail?

So I have the Custom Collapse script as well and had the same thought. But from what I can tell there's no way to tweak sprite rotation or remove it. Maybe I'm missing something? And to be clear, the sprite rotation isn't causing any issues, I just would prefer they simply fade out.

Are you saying that when you kill an enemy, their sprite begins rotating? If that is what you are saying, that is not a function of that script. There is no functionality in VE - Custom Collapse that would cause a sprite to begin rotating, as it is not one of the tags you can use.

Are you sure another script isn't causing that problem? Try disabling every script except the custom collapse one.

49 minutes ago, Coolie said:

sprite begins rotating

No he is referring to the actor staying on the screen in a dead pose. It's not a rotation, but a character pose.

# Pose displayed when incapacited
    <action: dead, loop>
    pose: self, row 4, frame 2, angle -90, x -16, y -12;
    wait: pose;
    </action>

Notice the -90

But you don't need to change the 09, just change the pose you want to use (the sprite sheet and frame)

OH! A battle pose in the VE - Animated Battle script! OK!

Yeah, as Roninator said, just change the row/frames you want to use for a dead animation.

One other thing, if you are using a different style of battler (:sprite, :charset, :kaduki and the elusive, never-explained-but-its-there-and-it-works :default), make sure you are using the proper syntax. Some of them require you to use the row's name rather than number, like:

# Pose displayed when incapacited
    <action: dead, loop>
    pose: self, row dead, all frames, wait 4, return;
    </action>