heya, i never expected to see myself posting on here when most of the questions i wanted to ask were already answered, but here i am regardless

so, in a test project im working on, im trying to create a "border" effect along the walls, as shown in the screenshot below, courtesy of yume nikki and yume 2kki. circled is the part im talking about

r/RPGMaker - [question for rpg2k3] Help regarding walls and autotiles needed

i made a new map inside yume nikki to try and test the border out and see if i should try and make similar sized borders to my own game, but came across a problem

the walls don't flow uniformly. is there a fix to this? i've been dealing with this for over 2 days nonstop, using various methods, to no avail, and i'd be lying if it wasn't driving me insane.

any and all help is greatly and sincerely appreciated.

Is shift-clicking a thing in 2k3? Cause in later versions of RPG Maker you can do all sorts of tricks with shift-clicking. Like holding shift while copying tiles and then also holding shift while pasting them forces the autotiles not to update so you can arrange them anyway you want. It's useful!

Might also be done by the floor being on another layer, I donno.

Edited by Kayzee

Shift-Clicking I believe is a thing, but there's not a lot of auto-tiles to work with per map chip. I'm not sure how the mapping was done in Yume Nikki, other than the floor tiles of a lot of maps were transparent/black with parallax BG stuffs going on.