robhr

When reality shows say "nobody was harmed in this video."

They're lying.

There was one of a fire tornado in rural Manitoba, they said nobody was harmed, but my uncle worked there and knew for a fact somebody died.

Maybe so, but was anyone actually harmed in the video? Actually on screen? Not that reality shows lying would be anything really new mind you.

Also: Saying 'my uncle worked there' is kind of a cliche you know, and what one person knows as a fact might not be a fact after all.

Well "in the video" may not have been their exact words. They said nobody was harmed.

And I don't see why it being a cliche should matter, my uncle worked there, that's how it is. And he knew the guy who died, that's how it is. 

Well forgive me for saying so, but from my experience when it comes to this kind of stuff 'truth' and 'lies' more often then not are so twisted around it's impossible to tell one from another. I have no idea what this show is, what it really said, or who you or your uncle are, so how can I tell? How can anyone really. I probably shouldn't have replied at all to this honestly.

Edited by Kayzee

Fact: They are required to say that because of some legal nonsense involving a lot more than I am able to elaborate on because I don't know the intricacies of it all.

Also Fact: Any documentary/mockumenatry that states such is only going as far as stating that any recreations of scenes had actor portrayals, and those actors were not harmed. Also applies to filming/production staff, not necessarily any people not involved directly in production.

And an example of the latter would be pretty much every single episode of "A Thousand Ways To Die", as all those scenes are recreated with dummies and props, and in the case of Chippin' Dale, about one hundred and fifty pounds of various red meats, plus three thousand bucks for the repairs needed to fix/clean the wood chipper afterwards.

Edited by PhoenixSoul