Jump to content
jtKen1191

Help Summon Aeon System

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone! OK, I've run into a problem with creating a summon skill that summons an ally to help you fight.(Aeon Basically). The scripts that I am currently using are Falcao Pearl ABS and the Battle Royale Add-On. The problem that I run into is that once the summoned ally dies I can't call them back through the skill. I created the normal skill in the Falcao Pearl system where it call the common event that deals with the summoned character. The common event then takes the X and Y coordinates of the player and have the empty event I created for the summon, move the the location of the player, and turns on a switch that activates the empty event and turns it into the summoned ally. Then the ally works fine but when he dies i cannot get the skill to work again and call the summon back. I've tried the self switch when the ally dies but it doesn't work. Some help with this issue would greatly be appreciated. Image 1 is the skill. The note tags for the skill is User Graphic = nil
User Anime Speed = 60
Tool Cooldown = 500
Tool Graphic = nil
Tool Index = 0
Tool Size = 1
Tool Distance = 1
Tool Effect Delay = 12
Tool Destroy Delay = 20
Tool Speed = 6
Tool Cast Time = 120
Tool Cast Animation = 141
Tool Blow Power = 0
Tool Piercing = true
Tool Animation When = acting
Tool Animation Repeat = false
Tool Special = common_event 2
Tool Target = false
Tool Invoke Skill = 0
Tool Guard Rate = 0
Tool Knockdown Rate = 0
Tool Sound Se = nil
Tool Cooldown Display = true
Tool Item Cost = 0
Tool Short Jump = true
Tool Through = true
Tool Priority = 1
Tool Hit Shake = false
Tool Self Damage = false
Tool Combo Tool = nil

 

Second image is of the common event for the skill. Images 3-6 is of the ally event page. Last image is of the enemy note tag.

Summon Help Image 1.png

Summon Help Image 2.png

Summon Help Image 3.png

Summon Help Image 4.png

Summon Help Image 5.png

Summon Help Image 6.png

Summon Help Image 7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried manually changing the ally's HP back to full, then trying to summon again? 

 

Edit: nvm I didn't notice Falcao used enemies as summons. My bad. 

 

Also, wait...why is the skill calling the common event twice? 

 

Another thing I notice is the "Summon Ryoma" switch. Do you have a way to turn that off? 

Cause I see an event page, page 2 that does that and is triggered by a "self switch A" but nothing to turn that self switch on. 

 

On the last page, try adding self switch A = On, then Switch Summon Ryoma = OFF and see if that fixes it.

 

And of course add "self switch B = OFF" to page 2.

 

If that doesn't work, try adding a respawn parameter in your "enemy page". That's the only other thing I think may be affecting it, since normally if you don't specify a respawn interval, the enemy doesn't come back at all. 

 

Push comes to shove I'll try it myself later in the editor. 

 

Edited by NumbeRED39

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2021 at 10:51 AM, NumbeRED39 said:

Have you tried manually changing the ally's HP back to full, then trying to summon again? 

 

Edit: nvm I didn't notice Falcao used enemies as summons. My bad. 

 

Also, wait...why is the skill calling the common event twice? 

 

Another thing I notice is the "Summon Ryoma" switch. Do you have a way to turn that off? 

Cause I see an event page, page 2 that does that and is triggered by a "self switch A" but nothing to turn that self switch on. 

 

On the last page, try adding self switch A = On, then Switch Summon Ryoma = OFF and see if that fixes it.

 

And of course add "self switch B = OFF" to page 2.

 

If that doesn't work, try adding a respawn parameter in your "enemy page". That's the only other thing I think may be affecting it, since normally if you don't specify a respawn interval, the enemy doesn't come back at all. 

 

Push comes to shove I'll try it myself later in the editor. 

 

Hey thanks for the reply. I tried just calling the common event through the note tags but the enemy(ally) event didn't respond to the common event that called the switch to activate the event changing to an ally. It only worked when I called the event in effects. 2) Self switch A is triggered when Ryoma Dies which is in the Enemy note tag box. Last image which causes the event page with the self switch A to turn on. That page has the turn summon off switch off. I will add turning the self switch B of to see if that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jtKen1191 said:

Hey thanks for the reply. I tried just calling the common event through the note tags but the enemy(ally) event didn't respond to the common event that called the switch to activate the event changing to an ally. It only worked when I called the event in effects. 2) Self switch A is triggered when Ryoma Dies which is in the Enemy note tag box. Last image which causes the event page with the self switch A to turn on. That page has the turn summon off switch off. I will add turning the self switch B of to see if that works.

Edit again- I had missed the Enemy Note tag. 

If you set the enemy die switch to A...what's Page 4 even supposed to do??? It's not activated by anything as far as I understand. 

 

Cause by default, Pearl ABS would activate Self Switch B when the enemy dies but I don't think it does so in this case,since you changed it. 

 

Also, in order for every page AFTER the summoning to work, each page needs to share the "Summon Ryoma" switch, otherwise it's not going to work. 

So in order for page 2 to turn the switch OFF, it needs to have that switch as its trigger too first. 

Edited by NumbeRED39

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NumbeRED39 said:

Edit again- I had missed the Enemy Note tag. 

If you set the enemy die switch to A...what's Page 4 even supposed to do??? It's not activated by anything as far as I understand. 

 

Cause by default, Pearl ABS would activate Self Switch B when the enemy dies but I don't think it does so in this case,since you changed it. 

 

Also, in order for every page AFTER the summoning to work, each page needs to share the "Summon Ryoma" switch, otherwise it's not going to work. 

So in order for page 2 to turn the switch OFF, it needs to have that switch as its trigger too first. 

Ok so I tried to add that and it still didn't work. BUT when I added a time to the common event and a parallel process event to deal with timer the skill calls the summon each time. Only problem I've run into now is when the summon is slain, the summon will not summon when the skill is used again. How can I heal the summon once the timer is up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright! I tried some things on the editor and found the solution! 

 

In the enemy note tag add:

Enemy Die Switch = x (in my case it's 24)

Enemy Respawn Second = 5

 

Then create a parallel process event, priority below characters, in the current map you'll be using. 

In it add a Conditional Branch that check if the Enemy Die Switch is On. 

(es. Conditional Branch: Switch [0024:Summon_Died] == ON) 

 

If it is 'On', it means the summon is dead thus under the first condition turn off both the "summon" switch and the new "summon_died" switch. 

 

In the second condition, since the switch should be off, turn off the switch just in case. 

 

I tested it and it work but if you need me to send you screenshots, I can. 

Edited by NumbeRED39

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NumbeRED39 said:

Alright! I tried some things on the editor and found the solution! 

 

In the enemy note tag add:

Enemy Die Switch = x (in my case it's 24)

Enemy Respawn Second = 5

 

Then create a parallel process event, priority below characters, in the current map you'll be using. 

In it add a Conditional Branch that check if the Enemy Die Switch is On. 

(es. Conditional Branch: Switch [0024:Summon_Died] == ON) 

 

If it is 'On', it means the summon is dead thus under the first condition turn off both the "summon" switch and the new "summon_died" switch. 

 

In the second condition, since the switch should be off, turn off the switch just in case. 

 

I tested it and it work but if you need me to send you screenshots, I can. 

Yes the screenshots would help me out. It will help me see ifI did it correctly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, here it is.

So the "Aeon" event itself, the common event and skill didn't change from the one you showed me, so I'm leaving those out.

 

Here's how I set up my notetags in the enemy page for the summon:

aeon_stat_page.jpg.638354e19cefde65265d63c70e7108d7.jpg

 

The most important changes I've done here are: Enemy Die Switch and Enemy Respawn Seconds.

I'll show you the new event I made and explain from there.

 

parallel_event.jpg.47aeb7043ea330fff6640cd9b399a359.jpg

 

So here's our parallel event.

What's happening here is that when your summon dies a switch is set telling this event that the summon died, when the paralell event notices this, it turns off both the switch that activates the summon as well as the one that signal its death.

 

And here is where the Enemy Respawn Seconds comes in.

Because your summon is still techincally an enemy, the only way for it to come back is through a respawn like any other enemy of the game.
That's why the summon wasn't coming back after being slain.

 

And since I turned all the switches off after its death, even if it respawns after 5 seconds, it won't be able to do anything until it's summoned because it doesn't have a sprite nor any attack patterns or anything.

 

It's definitely not perfect but if you set your summoning skill accordingly, it shouldn't be too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 10:03 AM, NumbeRED39 said:

Alright, here it is.

So the "Aeon" event itself, the common event and skill didn't change from the one you showed me, so I'm leaving those out.

 

Here's how I set up my notetags in the enemy page for the summon:

aeon_stat_page.jpg.638354e19cefde65265d63c70e7108d7.jpg

 

The most important changes I've done here are: Enemy Die Switch and Enemy Respawn Seconds.

I'll show you the new event I made and explain from there.

 

parallel_event.jpg.47aeb7043ea330fff6640cd9b399a359.jpg

 

So here's our parallel event.

What's happening here is that when your summon dies a switch is set telling this event that the summon died, when the paralell event notices this, it turns off both the switch that activates the summon as well as the one that signal its death.

 

And here is where the Enemy Respawn Seconds comes in.

Because your summon is still techincally an enemy, the only way for it to come back is through a respawn like any other enemy of the game.
That's why the summon wasn't coming back after being slain.

 

And since I turned all the switches off after its death, even if it respawns after 5 seconds, it won't be able to do anything until it's summoned because it doesn't have a sprite nor any attack patterns or anything.

 

It's definitely not perfect but if you set your summoning skill accordingly, it shouldn't be too bad.

Hey sorry about the late reply, had a busy week. I tried your method and it works! I just had to play with the skill cooldown and the respawn time to get the summon to not respawn 2 time with using the skill again. Thank you so much for the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
Top ArrowTop Arrow Highlighted