Sign in to follow this  
jevydecky

Pokémon Gen 7 skill setup help

Posted (edited)

I need help with how I can setup the move strength sap and other moves on the skill tab.

Strength Sap (grass): the move uses the target atk to heal the user. The user health amount recovered is equal to the damage the target is suppose to receive, instead of inflicting damage it lowers the atk stat by 1 stage

Throat Chop (dark): is a damaging move that prevents sound based moves to be used for 2 turns

Pollen Puff (bug): is a move that damages the target but heals if used on an ally.

Burn Up (fire): is a damaging moved used only by fire types. The Pokémon becomes typeless or single type if it was dual types

Revelation Dance (normal): is a damaging move. It's type matches the user's primary type

Core Enforcer (dragon): is a damaging move. If the target has already used a move or had a Bag item used on it by its Trainer in the same turn, Core Enforcer also suppresses the target's Ability while it                                               remains in battle.

Instruct (psychic): Instruct causes the target to repeat its most recent move immediately

Beak Blast (Flying): The user charges up at the beginning of the turn and executes Beak Blast at the end. All who make contact with the user during the charging phase are burned.

Edited by jevydecky
Explaining the moves' usage

You're going to have to explain all of that in great detail.

I have no idea what gen 7 or 8 is for pokemon. Never played the games.

Not many people here will know what you mean. So we need the details.

Considering a lot of features present in Pokémon are not present in vanilla VX Ace, we'd also need to know what exactly you're using to emulate stuff like abilities, held items or types imo. 

It be hard to know what to pull from for custom damage formulae without knowing what you're working with. 

On 3/17/2021 at 6:50 PM, jevydecky said:

the move uses the target atk to heal the user.     lowers the atk stat by 1 stage

Damage formula -> HP recover -> b.atk

Not sure what that means. Doesn't attack for one turn?

Throat Chop (dark): is a damaging move that prevents sound based moves to be used for 2 turns

Use a state on the enemy that seals the skill type for sound.. auto remove after X turns.

Pollen Puff (bug): is a move that damages the target but heals if used on an ally.

Not sure how to swap the damage type. May need a script for this, but you will also need a script to be able to target the enemy and the actors. Rachael - Target Any.

Burn Up (fire): is a damaging moved used only by fire types. The Pokémon becomes typeless or single type if it was dual types

Does this mean the enemy changes element strengths? Use states to set element affinity.

Core Enforcer (dragon):

No idea. Does any of Crystal Engine scripts solve any of these skills?

Instruct (psychic): Instruct causes the target to repeat its most recent move immediately

If you want enemies or actors to attack immediately then you will have to use an ATB script. Otherwise the actions are always select your action for each actor then the battle starts.

Beak Blast (Flying): The user charges up at the beginning of the turn and executes Beak Blast at the end. All who make contact with the user during the charging phase are burned.

I think there is a script that will let you take action at the end of battle, For the burn, you could use yanfly lunatic states, but I'm not sure how to make it start and stop for the attack.

14 hours ago, NumbeRED39 said:

Considering a lot of features present in Pokémon are not present in vanilla VX Ace, we'd also need to know what exactly you're using to emulate stuff like abilities, held items or types imo. 

It be hard to know what to pull from for custom damage formulae without knowing what you're working with. 

I copied most of the scripts CrystalNoel's Pokémon for Ace project. But it only covers up to Generation 6, and I am still testing some as I am working on it. Most items have a pretty simple use so it doesn't require scripts to work. Abilities are all in the scripts. 

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, roninator2 said:

Damage formula -> HP recover -> b.atk

Not sure what that means. Doesn't attack for one turn?

Strength Sap is move that lowers the user's attack stat. The 2nd thing it does is heal the user. the b.atk makes sense.

Use a state on the enemy that seals the skill type for sound.. auto remove after X turns.

Ok, 

Does this mean the enemy changes element strengths? Use states to set element affinity.

Yes it does. Will try that

Not sure how to swap the damage type. May need a script for this, but you will also need a script to be able to target the enemy and the actors. Rachael - Target Any.

That's the advise I was given on other forum too. I'm not a programmer (but have some knowledge, not enough to write a script though)so... That will take time

No idea. Does any of Crystal Engine scripts solve any of these skills?

Not for the last 2 generations. But with a few tweaks some of them will work but not all.

If you want enemies or actors to attack immediately then you will have to use an ATB script. Otherwise the actions are always select your action for each actor then the battle starts.

Instruct: what I meant is, it forces the target (ally or enemy) to re-use the most recent skill it selected. I'll check the ATB script.

I think there is a script that will let you take action at the end of battle, For the burn, you could use yanfly lunatic states, but I'm not sure how to make it start and stop for the attack.

It works similarly to Focus Punch where the charging and the action are on the turn but with different priority. It charges before the target could use its skill than attacks at the end of the turn. I'll try the script.

Thanks for the assistance. I'll let you know the end result.

Edited by jevydecky