MasterMoes

Multiple Enemy Health Bars

I'm using "V.M. of D.T's Basic Enemy HP Bars v 2.9" script to show the player how much HP is remaining. I'm trying to create some enemies that have multiple HP bars, where the player has to take down each bar one at a time. Basically, I want to make an enemy that has multiple lives. With this script, I've already got the bars, but I need some way to have an enemy have two of them.

An example of what I'm trying to do is like the Demonic Beasts in Fire Emblem Three Houses:

696216122_demonicbeast.thumb.jpg.5960ad57b570c589b43c6c9f9328ca14.jpg

When the enemy's HP bar is brought down to 0, the enemy doesn't die. Instead, one of those red crystals is removed and the enemy's HP bar is either refilled or replaced. Usually, an extra effect

happens on each HP bar. I want to be able to add this feature into my game so players can't instantly KO certain enemies in one hint. I don't exactly need all of the fancy "phase effects" or a second visual HP bar, just something that makes the HP refill once or twice when it reaches 0 without killing the enemy or ending the battle if it's the last enemy.

Does anyone have a script or method for this kind of concept?

Oh yeah; I remember this exact feature from Dissidia Final Fantasy, just the first iteration was like that.

Can't say that I know of any scripts that would be of any use, but yeah, I know what you're talking about.

10 hours ago, roninator2 said:

There is this script.

It would need a modification to show icons and refill after getting empty.

Thanks for the recommendation, I don't know why Google couldn't find this for me. Unfortunately, the extra damage goes onto the next health bar. However, if I combine the HP bar script I have now with this, 2 HP bars can be visible at once, so that solves that problem. I'll try experimenting with it. Thanks!

Ah ha, it works! I made the layered HP bar look just like the one from DT's script, and made it last twice as long. That way, when the first HP bar is gone, it will recognize the enemy as dead but then it immediately gets over-written by the remaining HP from the layered HP bar! Plus, I can use HIME's enemy reinforcements script to make a duplicate of the multi-health enemy with different stats! Thank you Roninator!

It's not really made of anything I scripted, HIME's script does most of the work. It's actually an illusion. However, here's the graphic I made for the first phase of the big HP bar. It looks a little bland just because I'm using a side-view battle system, which requires smaller HP bars, so I enlarged the image's scale for this post. What I did was leave a blank transparent image for the first phase, and then I used the first image for the second phase of the HP bar, which (due to illusion) is actually the second phase going down. The black HP bar is the background for the HP bar.

266496760_HPBar.png.092a1e9686438aed69237b419c909992.png1822565989_HPBarBG.png.205f48dac9fa242611a43c817ada9c92.png

Scale it to your liking. Hope this helps some in their future project!