Deadlywalks213

how to party command accessible in battle with press turn system?

Hello, so I'm making an SMT-styled game and if you've ever played SMT, you know about the press turn battle system and switching in demons during battle. So I have the Press Turn plugin in my game for obviously the press turn battle system and the Command Party plugin by Yanfly in order to emulate switching in demons. However, it seems like I'm unable to access it, as the command only shows up in the Party Command Window and the Press Turn plugin instantly skips that window. Even setting the "SKIP_PARTY_COMMAND" to false in the Yanfly Battle Engine Core doesn't work, as it only appears at the start of the battle and never appears again. So is there a way to make party command accessible by other means or at least a way to not let it ever skip over the party command window?

You need to provide a sample demo. Putting the PTB scripts into a test project only gave me one error which if I commented out that line, the battle worked fine.

What command script from yanfly do you have. Its not called Command Party, so what is the actual name? And yes it would be best to setup a sample demo for me to check what you ahve done.

Uh, I don't understand? It is called Command Party, an addon to the Party System plugin. Link for the Command Party plugin: https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/party-system/command-party/

And here is the download for the sample demo. I've only set up a simple fight, showing that the formation command shows up at the beginning of the fight but never again once you choose to fight. https://www.mediafire.com/file/a4sa982nyd07btt/sample_demo.zip/file

Sorry you are right. I didn't find it in my script list.

Press turn system script. Comment out (#) the entire method def prior_command on line 673 (lines 672-676)

The press turn system by default blocks going back to party menu.

Or you can add this below all battle scripts

class Scene_Battle < Scene_Base
  def prior_command
    start_party_command_selection
  end
end
class Window_ActorCommand < Window_Command
  if $imported["YEA-BattleEngine"]
  alias ptbn_process_dir4 process_dir4
  def process_dir4
    return if BattleControl.battle_type == :ptbn
    ptbn_process_dir4