First off let me say I wasn't quite sure where to post this. I'm using 2 scripts to give the characters both extra frames of animation and turn in 8 directions. But it's the sprites I need help with. I thought I followed both to the letter however when I boot up the game the sprites are cropped, missing half of the sprite. I can't fix this, so I'm asking for help.

The scripts I'm using are this one and this one over here. Instructions how they work are written in the scripts so no need to explain here. The sprites I'm using are at the bottom. Are they too big for these scripts? Too close together? Thanks for any help you can give. ^^

P.S Those sprites are for test purposes only right now.

022-Actors12%(6 4).png

Posted (edited)

I think you just doubled the number of frames per index but you still need the same number of indexes so your image should look like this:

thingy.png.c6941220934388a426ebbe1d8de20965.png

Edited by Kayzee

Posted (edited)

@Kayzee

That certainty fixed that problem, thank you. ^^ And now I can see that the 8 direction script isn't working as the wrong frames are shown when moving at an angle. I'll fix that next now that I can see it.

Let me ask. I got the game to show the idle frame when set to index 2, so I assume the index staring at the far left is 0, 1, 2 and so on?

Edited by Darkness Void

I noticed that the 8 directional script has a patch just for the extra frames script, so make sure you are using that!

Also, I would assume that is the case for the index but I am not sure.

On 8/31/2021 at 4:06 PM, Kayzee said:

I noticed that the 8 directional script has a patch just for the extra frames script, so make sure you are using that!

Also, I would assume that is the case for the index but I am not sure.

I'm still having trouble with these frames. When I move downward Mega disappears until he stops or moves in another direction. I'll link what I have so far so you can look and see what I got wrong. I have the patch but I'm not sure which script to place it in (the extra frames script gave an error when pasted there).

Keep in mind this only a testing project, not for an actual game. Yet at any rate.

Place the patch in it's own script below the extra frame script... Like this!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0928ad143da4399512a7b9f2d245cd1a.png

Or you can add it to the bottom of the extra movement frames script I guess

Edited by Kayzee

20 hours ago, Kayzee said:

Place the patch in it's own script below the extra frame script... Like this!

Well didn't they say that? It works now. I just need Mega to return to his idle frame when stopping. Thank you for your help so far, I appreciate it. ^^

18 minutes ago, Kayzee said:

You are welcome! I like to help! :3

Think you could help me with that overlay script too? I need to get the overlay not to be black, yet the tutorial I was following never got that far.

It's the last thing I need to figure out.

Hope I'm not breaking a rule by asking this here.

It seems to me like you are putting the buildings in the shadow layer! I think the shadow layer is subtractive. Change "shadow3-1.png" to "par3-1.png" and it won't be black anymore!

Though it won't work quite as you want without some major tweaking. You need the "par3-1.png" to only display the tiles that should be drawn over the player you see. It's tricky work making an isometric tileset you know!

Edited by Kayzee

@Kayzee

Thanks again for the help. It works well but I get the issue of extreme lag when zooming the camera in. I hopped over to XP for a spell and got everything to work over there, but when zooming in I still get lag, but less of it when booting up the exe and not the editor. So it's either my system or I need to adjust something in the editor.

So for the VX Ace version of this project, any ideas how to fix the lag? I wanted to make the screen focus more on the player without resizing the sprites and tiles to be larger, as I can't. Here's the info of my laptop to give you an idea of how it runs.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.25717e1a66496f16ca499cc9618c204c.png

The engine isn't really designed for tricks like zooming in the whole screen so it's sadly going to cause lag no matter what you do.

I would think that the biggest cause of lag is your cpu.

That laptop is not very powerful and actually falls under the minimum requirements to properly run vx ace.

System Requirements
  • Processor:Intel® Pentium® 4 2.0 GHz equivalent or faster processor.
  • Memory:512 MB RAM.
  • Graphics:1024 x 768 pixels or higher desktop resolution.
  • Hard Drive:400 MB HD space.

You have a low grade cpu and is only at 1/2 of the desired speed.
With a sufficiently powerful machine the lag should not be very noticeable.

@Kayzee

So what can I do then? Find a way to make the tile sets bigger or wait til I can afford MV which can handle this ISO view better?

@roninator2

I assume the same for XP then. Both RPG Makers ran well on my older laptop until it went and took 3 hours to turn on. I'll see about upgrading the CPU or a newer system.