Natsuki-9

Problems with the options texts display

Good morning/night/evening.

Hello everyone. I've been having a little problem about the options texts, like, the normal texts appears but not the ones on the options window. I already tried checking out the custom scripts but I don't have any script that chances anything about the options not even texts.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.78a7bb6794b9bee9af770cf774430c4c.png

Here is the list of all the custon scripts I have. The ones with the red dot are the ones that I'm actually using, the others are just commentaries (using "=begin" and "=end")

(I know this is a little too messy, however I'm thinking into erasing the ones I don't actually need)

Maybe I accidentally changed something on the default scripts but dunno how to fix it nor even wich script may be...

I already tried searching trough the web to see what script creates these windows; but I only found scripts that overwrites the options, creates effects and stuff like that... so like...

I'm very confused...

I am not sure what you mean... Do you mean the options in the main menu? Options in a choice window when doing choice events?

I mean about this options... choices... this window choices

Spoiler

image.png.885e0d8d6778aa0a8335a688e117a17c.png

For some reason the texts do not appear... Even when they are supposed to have this written:

Spoiler

image.png.71939ef49d78ecbfcf84f547e17c0d33.png

And is like this on all choices... I even tried checking out the colors of the texts even when I don't use them... But everithing looks the same for some reason...

Edited by Natsuki-9

You definetly have something that has overwritten the choicelist. but without looking at almost every line of code, no one can be sure.

Easiest thing for youto do is to make a new project and copy the scripts you are using over one by one and see which one is causing the issue.

If you get through them all, then one of the ones you said you are not using is the problem or you modified the default scripts. In which case you could copy back. easy way to do this would be to copy the scripts.rvdata2 file from the new project. But make a backup first. Always make backups.

35 minutes ago, roninator2 said:

You definetly have something that has overwritten the choicelist. but without looking at almost every line of code, no one can be sure.

Easiest thing for youto do is to make a new project and copy the scripts you are using over one by one and see which one is causing the issue.

If you get through them all, then one of the ones you said you are not using is the problem or you modified the default scripts. In which case you could copy back. easy way to do this would be to copy the scripts.rvdata2 file from the new project. But make a backup first. Always make backups.

That was almost right...

Like, I managed to make the backup and yes everything worked just fine...

So I tried checking out each custom script I had. I wrote ALL OF THEM like a comentary paragraph (with =begin and =end) and just leaved one exactly as it was written. And the texts choices dissapeared again. Even when I only used one that has nothing to do with texts nor even choices (Hime Splash Screen Map) and yet the choices are dissapearing.

I've just though that it might be because I'm using too many custom scripts, but how can that be possible if only one is active and everything was just fine when none of them were active?

You know some scripts use =begin and =end for actual comments so that might not work like you want it to. I like to select the whole script and right click and use the 'comment out' menu option myself. Just select all and use the same menu option to reverse it. Handy! Sometimes you need to be careful about it though.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Natsuki-9 said:

too many custom scripts

Never. I have about 500 custom scripts in my game.

Are you able to share a test project with the problem?

To invalidate an entire script:

__END__

at the top of any script. Make sure there is nothing else on the line and that there are no leading spaces. May that be useful in some way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PhoenixSoul said:

To invalidate an entire script:

__END__

at the top of any script. Make sure there is nothing else on the line and that there are no leading spaces. May that be useful in some way.

14 hours ago, Kayzee said:

You know some scripts use =begin and =end for actual comments so that might not work like you want it to. I like to select the whole script and right click and use the 'comment out' menu option myself. Just select all and use the same menu option to reverse it. Handy! Sometimes you need to be careful about it though.

Nice tips but, the error stills there even using this.

However thanks for this, it may be useful to any other moment I use scripts 👍

Edited by Natsuki-9
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, roninator2 said:

Are you able to share a test project with the problem?

Maybe I can share it to you trough google drive...? like, this way I'm not breacking any rule am I?, I can't think on any othe way to do this...

You just need to zip up your project folder and upload it to somewhere, then copy the link to the share and send me a PM.

So the issue is that you or someone removed a line in Window_Command

Line 149 create_contents

That is missing. You can see that in your project that line is blank.

• Thanks 1

Wouldn't that have caused all other menus to be blank too? I would have also thought that would cause an error when drawing to the contents bitmap. Strange...

Yes, in my testing of the OP's project, many commands were not there.

The OP has a script that modifies the menu scene to have only items and key items. Items command showed up but key Items did not.

8 hours ago, roninator2 said:

So the issue is that you or someone removed a line in Window_Command

Line 149 create_contents

That is missing. You can see that in your project that line is blank.

Uh. That worked, thanks.
At least I can keep working on this. Thank you. 😊