VerbalEntities

I just bought RPG Maker MV and it will not work at all, anyone know how to fix this?

I just bought RPG Maker MV on steam but whenever I open it it just goes white and says its not responding, I've updated every single one of my drivers, uninstalled reinstalled tried running it with administrator. I tried the 32dll thing and that didn't work. I dont know what else to do or try. Im not very good with computers so this is hard to understand. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'd really appreciate it.image.png.28cfd11464c254aa75d3ee0d1876b644.png

Since you bought the steam version, it's very hard to diagnose. Because steam should install all dependencies.

I have no issues with my MV, so I can only guess that your system is not powerful enough to run the program.

What operating system do you have?

What is your video card? Onboard? you can use dxdiag to find that info (if on windows).

You can try using a site like https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/input/rpg-maker-mv and enter in your specs to see if you meet the requirements to run the program.

If all that is good, I can only guess that you have some dependency that is not installed or working.

13 hours ago, roninator2 said:

Since you bought the steam version, it's very hard to diagnose. Because steam should install all dependencies.

I have no issues with my MV, so I can only guess that your system is not powerful enough to run the program.

What operating system do you have?

What is your video card? Onboard? you can use dxdiag to find that info (if on windows).

You can try using a site like https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/input/rpg-maker-mv and enter in your specs to see if you meet the requirements to run the program.

If all that is good, I can only guess that you have some dependency that is not installed or working.

I use windows and an operating system I definitely have a powerful enough system, also this is the stuff you were talking about.
image.png.3ae7843ca47aca03ababaac2ce4c6c05.pngimage.png.c6bfe05c671ce0b10c3a01280f9fc915.png

Still doesn't show me the video card, but since it's alienware, it should be good.

As I said I have no issues and I'm using MV 1.6.2

What is the installation directory?

Are you able to right click and run as administrator? Are you logged on as an administrator?

I am not 100% sure about any MV dependencies, but your system should have everything. But try checking to see if you have the latest java installed.

My Ace game requires Visual Studio 2013 installed. 

I don't have MV, but I kind of face something similar on VX Ace very, very rarely ~that when I try to open the editor, it takes about a minute to pop out and then whenever I want to save changes in the project, the editor freezes for a minute or few, not responding while frozen. I have my projects on SSD and I have a gaming PC, so that's a very odd and absolutely unexpected behavior.

The solution in my case was to disable Steam cloud storage for this program in its preferences (accessed from right clicking the program in the steam library). I literally had that problem just few weeks ago and it was persistent for quite a while until I disabled cloud sync. Now that I checked that, it looks like Steam enabled it back (?), but seems to be working fine for now, so whatever. Like I said, it can work for years just fine, but at some point it suddenly decides to cause troubles. I've been using Ace for over 7 years and it is my second or third time I had to disable cloud storage to get rid of these random freezes

Either way, I'm not sure about MV as I don't own it, but in Ace, the steam cloud synchronization is somewhat known for causing variety of troubles with how the editor behaves (the freezes upon opening and saving) or even the projects themselves putting them on risk in rare circumstances.

So... if you haven't tried that already, perhaps give it a shot.

Other than that, I don't know, your PC definitely surpasses MV's requirements...

10 hours ago, roninator2 said:

Still doesn't show me the video card, but since it's alienware, it should be good.

The test results mention GeForce RTX 2080 Super, so I'm pretty sure it should be enough for MV. 😂

It is very, VERY likely, that Steam Cloud API is the culprit. It also could be that in conjunction with other underlying issues, like maybe the hardware configuration you have is causing a complication (such has existed since 8-bit ISA technology), maybe the CPU is running into processing loops (which would actually be a problem associated with the Windows kernal), or it could be a number of other things. Honestly, I'd power down and unplug the PC from external power and leave it like that for a bit, then I'd remove and reinsert the RAM modules, see if that doesn't fix things (it can actually solve things and it has for me-it's a solution that has existed since 4-bit computing).