PhoenixSoul

Script/set: Spellmaker (does it already exist?)

My request is two-fold.

Main request: I need to know if there is a script/set of them that emulates the spell maker from the early Elder Scrolls games.

Secondary: If so, who made them and where can I find them. If not, how complicated would it be to make this.

For those that do not know what in the name of Mercy I am talking about, the spell maker is a Mages' Guild shop where one takes various spell effects, assigns the casting type (for self/target/range/etcetera), saving throw (save versus j/s/v/x/z attribute), and most importantly, sets the various stats for each effect (chance/duration/efficacy/etcetera), which in turn alters the cost (in gold bits) to craft the spell and the casting cost (in MP) of the spell.

Hm.

I forgot; unless I tag someone, this will not really be noticed.

Thing is, I dunno who I would actually tag in this case...

I didn't need to check my script list as I was pretty sure there was nothing like it.

But I just checked and yes, there is nothing like it.

I don't believe you needed to tag anyone, I saw your post and didn't offer to help because I knew it would take a significant amount of work to make.

This request is more along the lines of a commission request, because it will take either someone that knows the code well enough to make it in a few hours or someone (like me) that would spend hours and hours working on it.

So if you're willing to pay someone, then they can help. I have very little time, so it's a no from me.

I'm extremely far behind my game project set to publish in December.

Sorry

3 hours ago, roninator2 said:

I didn't need to check my script list as I was pretty sure there was nothing like it. But I just checked and yes, there is nothing like it.

I had thought this was so, but I was not sure. Thing is, a lot of scripts are not in a language I can readily understand, so the possibility as I understood, was that there's a chance that there was a script/set, and due to language barriers, I would not of known. First point fulfilled, merci beaucoup.

I don't believe you needed to tag anyone, I saw your post and didn't offer to help because I knew it would take a significant amount of work to make.

This actually fulfills the second point. It answers the query. Thanks again.

This request is more along the lines of a commission request, because it will take either someone that knows the code well enough to make it in a few hours or someone (like me) that would spend hours and hours working on it. So if you're willing/able to pay someone, then they can help.

That's okay; it's not like I need it or anything, just something that would be cool to have, and was wondering about. I guess most of the fans of the Elder Scrolls games are more fans of the mechanics from TES III onward (pretty sure the spell maker was scrapped by then).

My game project is set to publish in December; I'm very far behind.

Wind at your sails, and bonne chance; I too am struggling with game development.