Hi there! Need some help with a particular problem using some menus, specifically the CSCA - Achievements menu script.

Problem: If a set of text is too long, it gets, well, "squished". I'm looking to include some line breaks, but nothing's working.

Including a screenshot so you know what I mean.

Spoiler

image.png.6ac69bc68d261a783532784240a16f5f.png

The text is SUPPOSED to read "See all Warren-related events (missable after Chapter 12.)", however, everything just gets horribly squished.

As you can see in the screenshot, there's plenty of space under the circled text to include a line break. I've tried \n, I've tried a combo with "text1" + "text2",  I've tried simply pressing enter to start a new line (I knew that won't work but hey, might as well do it so I can say I tried)...

I know that's not nearly every option but I can't really figure this one out. While I can make decent graphics, I'm not the brightest tool in the shed when it comes to the coding side of things. I'm clearly missing something. And while I know where to go to change the width of some menu's texts, or the height, I don't know how to add extra lines or anything like that.

If anyone has any ideas, any code snippets or "try this" or anything, I'd be grateful.

Text-based scripts using: 

Mithran's Text Cache

Yanfly's Ace Message System

The menu in question:

CSCA Achievements

(and of course, if anyone needs more information from me, please let me know.)

I'm a bit confused, because by default the script has an example of multi-line descriptions and it does say what you should do to handle multi-lines:

#DESCRIPTION[x] = ["Descriptive Text","Seperate lines with commas!"]

Where are you putting these texts?

Either way, the description should be an ARRAY of text lines.

If you're using the DESCRIPTION[X] constants at the beginning of the setup, it should be like this:

DESCRIPTION[0] = ["text in line 1", "text in line 2", "text in line 3", "and so on"]

Example:

DESCRIPTION[0] = ["See all Warren-related events", "(missable after Chapter 12.)"]

If you prefer to type descriptions directly into the ACHIEVEMENT configurations, it should be like this:

:description => ["line 1", "line 2", "and so on"],

Example:

:description => ["See all Warren-related events", "(missable after Chapter 12.)"],

Hope that helps! 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Rikifive said:

I'm a bit confused, because by default the script has an example of multi-line descriptions and it does say what you should do to handle multi-lines:

#DESCRIPTION[x] = ["Descriptive Text","Seperate lines with commas!"]

Where are you putting these texts?

Either way, the description should be an ARRAY of text lines.

If you're using the DESCRIPTION[X] constants at the beginning of the setup, it should be like this:

DESCRIPTION[0] = ["text in line 1", "text in line 2", "text in line 3", "and so on"]

Example:

DESCRIPTION[0] = ["See all Warren-related events", "(missable after Chapter 12.)"]

If you prefer to type descriptions directly into the ACHIEVEMENT configurations, it should be like this:

:description => ["line 1", "line 2", "and so on"],

Example:

:description => ["See all Warren-related events", "(missable after Chapter 12.)"],

Hope that helps! 🙂

You're...you're kidding me...oh my God, that's embarrassing. 

Seriously, THANK you. Here I was, thinking  it was going to be this big ol complex thing, and it was built in...

So sorry! Thank you very much! (To be fair, I shouldn't be coding at like four in the morning)

Problem solved, doing that when I get home from work, consider this closed!

Edited by DoctorArtist

Nah, no worries, things happen. 😉

I know that feel, it's 4:28 AM for me right now ~ I also have the tendency to do things at unreasonable hours. 😅

You're welcome! 🙂

• Like 1