Ferry66

Updating Terms to show up during Battle Processing

Terms can be edited easily from the Database section of RPGMaker VX Ace. Let's say, if you want the resource you spend during battle to be named SP instead of MP you can change it no problem. But during battle processing these terms will show up as standard and will not be updated. How do you update Terms so they show up in battle processing as well?

In the attached image the change is shown in MP when the Terms I have the "mana" resource named as HGR.

Capture.PNG

Posted (edited)

Looks like you are using Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine popups! You gotta look at the script and scroll down till you see the POPUP_SETTINGS part and change it there.

Also: Changing it so it uses the term automatically is trickier then you might think.

Edited by Kayzee
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kayzee said:

Looks like you are using Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine popups! You gotta look at the script and scroll down till you see the POPUP_SETTINGS part and change it there.

Also: Changing it so it uses the term automatically is trickier then you might think.

It was that simple...

Much appreciated!

Having the Database terms update during any subroutine, is definitely tricky.

I can say that having 'if X' conditional code blocks, will go a long way.

I myself have done this so that MP bars aren't drawn if Max MP is equal to or less than 0. Of course, this is in itself, not dynamic, but is an example of how to make something appear differently based on a specified condition.