I know you can just use the same set move route that doors and chests use, turning left and right, however with one sheet shown below that wouldn't really look right. As you can guess this project is Sonic related, and I wanted to replace the Crystals with the classical checkpoints to save the game. I got the frames just right but I just can't get it to animate. When I test it the event just animates one frame and freezes became it can't move. It's not meant to move around, so I need it to show the frames as if its walking but standing still on the spot.

Does anyone know how to do that? I've tried the walking, stepping animations along with direction fix. I've tried to get it to simply step but it only can forward and backward. So that won't work. If it turns out this is impossible without scripts, should I just make each frame its own sheet and changing the character graphic?

Thanks for reading and giving feedback. ^^

$Checkpoint.png

$RingBLUE.png

Look for multi frame scripts. Victor sant has one. then you can have an image that is 8 frames or 9 and you would just specify the file name to match up with the script method of processing it. rings[f9]