Sailerius

[Project BC] Vacant Sky Vol.1: Contention

cess01.png

Death is the least of Auria Edith's concerns. After being unceremoniously murdered on a weekend trip, she has found herself thrust into the heart of a mystery involving an eclectic organization of masked people known as the Virad. Who are they and what is their connection to her murder?

Vacant Sky is the first game created by studio Project BC and was made in RMXP. Development began in late 2006 during the days of RMXP.net and continues to the present day. It's a deconstruction of the classic JRPG story and follows the psychological journey of Auria as she's forced into the role of protagonist, having no choice but to fight through everyone who stands in her way. It explores the damaging effect that being a "hero" has on one's state of mind and how they try to cope with it.

cess05.png

cess03.png

Features:

-Original soundtrack composed by Tarranon, featuring vocal tracks by Melody Yoo and Melanie Ehrlich

-8 playable characters (along with up to 6 guests)

-Customize Auria's stats and growth

-Select your own progression of techniques

-Interact with your party members to strengthen your relationship with them

-Unlock guest art title screens through sidequests

-"Reaction" system to determine whether you parry, block, or counter attacks

-Six endings gained over the course of a New Game +

-Your choices radically affect the course of the story and the lives of others

Download:

Acquire the Act I+ public beta here:

http://rpgmaker.net/...downloads/3034/

Please feel free to post your comments and thoughts!

Music:

Check out the OST here:

http://vacantsky.bandcamp.com

If you like the music, support the composer by buying the soundtrack!

Edited by Sailerius

interesting concept, I will follow this project and watch it develop. I'm sure something excellent will come out of the beginnings of a story :D

It's still in production from 2006? Oh my...

The story sounds like a Mystery/Psychological RPG? Strange. I think I'll be watching this. It looks like a lot of hard work went into it, from the custom graphics and features listed. The story is fairly interesting as well.

The genre is fairly atypical, especially since it takes place in a modern era setting.

Technically, the game is done, all three episodes.

But so much time passed between them that the third was markedly better than the first, and so I'm now working on a director's cut, the Complete Edition, which improves the first two. The download link for the public beta is in the first post.

Edited by Sailerius

Seems like a good time for me to finally check this out, though I have a few questions:

The download you have up here says it's for "Act 1+". Does this version include the other two parts of the story? If not, where can I get the complete version?

Do I need RMXP to play this? Very silly for me to ask this, I know, but I got a new computer very recently and I haven't actually put any RM programs on it yet. MotW can be played independently of RMXP so I wondered if that was the case with this one too.

The download you have up here says it's for "Act 1+". Does this version include the other two parts of the story? If not, where can I get the complete version?
The answer to that is kind of complicated. All three parts are out and playable, but I'm presently working on upgrading the graphics and gameplay of the first two parts to bring them up to bar with the third. 1+ is the upgraded version of the first episode, but the second one hasn't been finished yet. If you want to play the full game, I advise playing the original version (since saves aren't compatible between the upgraded and pre-upgraded versions). If you want to play the originals, you can grab them here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/1046/downloads/

And nope, none of them require RMXP. :)

Hmm....well, do you need a save file for the later two chapters? For example, if I were to play the updated Act I and then continue on to the other two acts, could I just do a "New Game" option on Act II or would I need a previous save to work with?