I'm finally messing around with the movie feature for VX Ace, and I need a little help with the quality. I went ahead and animated a very short sprite animation which will serve as the opening for the game proper after I complete it. However near the end it gets all pixelated and skips once or twice, so before I go and waste hours trying to figure it out I wanted to ask anyone here if they might be able to help me get the right settings for this OGV format to save time a little bit of time.

Ill provide a screenshot and a zip of the animation in question down below. As you can see I'm using VLC Media Player. It coverts my mp4 into OGG and all you gotta do is change that extension to OGV to make it readable as a movie.

Thanks for reading and giving feedback. ^^

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.74ed66c4f678acfc64b5c389862f8666.png

Sonic_Chronicles_Intro_WIP__2.7z

Scale: Auto
NO. You have to configure the scale. Otherwise, the issues with quality will persist.
Scale: 17:13
Actually, change the Frame Size to 640*480. Then, set the scale to 5:4.

On 9/12/2022 at 2:27 AM, PhoenixSoul said:

Scale: Auto
NO. You have to configure the scale. Otherwise, the issues with quality will persist.
Scale: 17:13
Actually, change the Frame Size to 640*480. Then, set the scale to 5:4.

I've tried both suggestions but when the camera scrolls up to Sonic at the end it still gets blurry. So what else can I do?

Bit of a quick question. Can't somebody build a custom script to allow VX Ace to run other formats for movies?

On 9/13/2022 at 11:08 AM, Darkness Void said:

Can't somebody build a custom script to allow VX Ace to run other formats for movies?

I believe Estriole created one. Not sure on this. #PangsOfFamiliarity