Recently I came across this template for RPG Maker, well actually it's not for RPG Maker but it works really well with it. Even though I had to cut out the idle frame, which I've been thinking about adding in anyways. So to save myself from testing out random scripts all at once, does anyone here know of a script to include a 4Th, Idle frame for where you stop walking? 

While we're at it is there also a script I can use to add in custom running frames?

Thank you for reading and giving feedback. ^^

I also included the first two templates I custom made for someone who wants to test it out for themselves. Making the grid can be a pain for RPG Maker. >_>

$TallAntoine.png

$TallSonic.png

I've seen several people use Victor Sants Multi frames script in their project. You can have as many frames as you want and multiple images, such as diagonal.

There is also Galvs character animations script.

On 10/25/2022 at 8:58 PM, roninator2 said:

I've seen several people use Victor Sants Multi frames script in their project. You can have as many frames as you want and multiple images, such as diagonal.

There is also Galvs character animations script.

I see Victor's script requires an basic engine Module.  I already have an engine for the battle system, would having another engine affect it at all?

On 10/27/2022 at 5:24 PM, Darkness Void said:

I already have an engine for the battle system, would having another engine affect it at all?

Sometimes, but having several base scripts should not be an issue. I have 5 in my project.

2 hours ago, roninator2 said:

Sometimes, but having several base scripts should not be an issue. I have 5 in my project.

I'm looking at Victor's script now and, it's complicated to where my only Google results are of people asking for help in understanding it.

Kinda wish everyone would include a demo instead of assuming people could just figure it out on their own...

1 hour ago, Darkness Void said:

Kinda wish everyone would include a demo instead of assuming people could just figure it out on their own...

I have a project that I got from someone else for their commercial release so I can't share that.

But here is a screenshot of the design of some image files.

I don't fully understand the script either, but maybe this will help.

image.png.e356a3f2d60969ec7dcaa92af863e086.png

12 hours ago, roninator2 said:

But here is a screenshot of the design of some image files.

Openly cringes

Dear Celestia that seems like a real headache..But I'm sure it'll be easier once I get the hang of it. I noticed you can use comments as a script call to turn on/off these animations for different characters.

Firstly let me look over at the second person you suggested and see if their script is just as complicated.

5 minutes later..

Oh dear Luna they have a demo! Think I'll try both out, and see which is better for me to use. If I can get Victor's to work I might post another topic explaining how it works for people wanting to use it.