Victor Sant

VE - Light Effects

Victor Engine - Light Effects

LightEffect.PNG

LightEffect2.gif

This scripts allow to add varied light effects to the maps. But it works different from other scripts with this function.

Normally, light effect scripts add images above the events, and then the screen is tone is changed, with the images staying bellow the darker layer.

This script add an new darkened layer, and apply the light effect images on this layer.

Download:

VIctor Engine - Light Effects

Credits:

Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Edited by Victor Sant

Love it man

*edit*

I cannot download it! :huh: can you fix it please?

*edit*

Added to MSL

*edit again*

I can download it now, so dont worry

Edited by Rosenblack

Wow, I've never seen this good Lights script. It even outdoes Thomas Jefferson and I thought that was going to be pinnacle of lights scripts.

Will I be able to stretch the light radius, like make an event of moving fire that leaves behind trail of light up to where it stops?

Will I be able to stretch the light radius, like make an event of moving fire that leaves behind trail of light up to where it stops?

No, but it's a good idea for a additional effect.

No, but it's a good idea for a additional effect.

How should I go about doing this? Or will you take this as a suggestion for a future feature of the script?

There are so many possiblities with this script. Keep up the good work!

I feel as though this script adds a lot more depth to the atmosphere of a game. It seems like it would fit in more in a horror themed game. I like it :) makes night time, feel more nightish lol

What is driving me insane is that , when i input the script on my project and do comment LIGHT whatver its not showing .__.

but in your demo it is. Every light script for some reason doesnt work on my project. OTL

@Lionboy

Did you create the shade? As it's stated on the instructions, you need to create the shade before the lights can be show.

Edited by Victor Sant

Well now, I've gone and come across something rather fascinating haven't I? Nice work, Victor.

Victor, finally I can make the lights work ^^

But I have a request...

Can the Light begin to be generated by the coordenate 0 of the map?

That will make the things better to do a lightmap, because I do the lights for all the map using the map screenshot as a template... But in the end I've need to find the center coordenate to fit the map and it is not every map that have a correctly center coordenate..

Resume: Make a lightmap shows the same way of the fixed parallax.

@sinchross

nah it woudn't work fine with the postion checking, just make the light the same size as the map and put it at the center. if the map doesn't have a "perfect center" just make the lights a bit larger.

Edited by Victor Sant

Wow, I've never seen this good Lights script. It even outdoes Thomas Jefferson and I thought that was going to be pinnacle of lights scripts.

At risk of sounding like a bit of a jerk, I'm thinking you meant Thomas Edison ;)

Hmmm it's ok, I find a way to adjust ^^.

But now I'm triyng to change the opacity of the map light using the code <light opacity id: o, d> but it doesn't works. The light map opacity can be changed with this code or only the other lights?

Hmmm it's ok, I find a way to adjust ^^.

But now I'm triyng to change the opacity of the map light using the code <light opacity id: o, d> but it doesn't works. The light map opacity can be changed with this code or only the other lights?

There is a mistake on this command regexp, i will fix it and update the script later.

I made rooms with lights, which work fine, but when I try to enter, leave, or go into another room with a light, it gives me this message:

Script 'VE I Light Effects' line 789: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'new_map_id' for #<Game_Player:0x8ef5c>

Edited by Zoke

I made rooms with lights, which work fine, but when I try to enter, leave, or go into another room with a light, it gives me this message:

Script 'VE I Light Effects' line 789: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'new_map_id' for #<Game_Player:0x8ef5c>

You're using either an outdate version fo the the module, or of the light effects.