Ninjamida

Legends of an Otherworld [V026b update 01/01/2018]

Finally got around to making an up-to-date video of battle footage.

It's a better choice of battle too, in my opinion, as the one previously shown was a boss from fairly far into the game, that was also to at least some extent spoilery to know the existance of. Not to mention, it's literally considered the game's best (and hardest) battle, so it was neither representative, nor a great idea to show how to beat it in a demonstration video. On top of that, I also got the feeling that choosing such a battle revealed too much of the available options in the game, rather than leaving plenty for the player to discover on their own.

By comparison, this one is a battle that's considered to be a highlight when first encountered and for a while beyond, but relatively unspecial by the time the player gets towards the later stages of the game. It's from a fairly early point in the game, and has little plot relevance, so doesn't really spoil anything. Of course, it still shows how you can beat this battle (which is one people tend to get stuck on), but I feel for this battle it's okay. It also shows off the concept of "you need to be strategic" without showing too much complexity.

Of course, the biggest problem was simply that the old video was based on an extremely out-of-date version of the game.

Here's the new one, which I've also added to the first post.

For sure, not everyone gets stuck on it - but many people have reported it as their first roadblock. (For those who don't get stuck here, Transient is usually the first roadblock - and for those who do get stuck here, Transient is usually the second.)

A lot of it comes down to how quickly you get here; since this battle is very challenging if you're low level, but fairly easy if you're even slightly high level. By comparsion, you have to be very far overlevelled before Transient becomes a pushover.

Edited by Ninjamida

I don't recall Transient. Then again, been a bit since I last played this (had many games on Steam to play and finish, as well as my own projects and Real Life to deal with...)

I did subscribe to your Steam upload though, so whenever you update that, I'll have the latest.

Put another battle video up. This one shows off the battle system really well; the downside being it spoils how to beat the first (of many) "That One Boss" in the game - although the video ultimately ends in a game over, it shows a lot about how to approach the battle in general.

See first post for the video, it's the second one.

Heya!

My friend and I tried out this game for a couple hours, with him watching me play over a video share. It definitely wasn't bad, and we quite enjoyed ourselves! If you'd like for my honest, constructive criticism about LoaO, shoot me a PM and I'd be more than happy to share! 

Other than that, I wish you a good one, and best of luck!