A very strange problem with the entire rpg maker seems to be occurring for me.

Instead of any Japanese text, it appears as [][][][]][]][][]. Oddly, this in no way affects the script and appears normal when i paste it somewhere outside the script editor.

Think its something wrong with the game possibly trying to translate or something, im completely baffled.

Hello. When ever my actors attack it seems to add a burn icon and takes a chunk of health and then returns to normal with health at a lower standard than before. This is without taking damage. 

Hello. I just wondered if someone know how to make a summon system for the tankentai? (Like, summon an actor that only fights for you in your party for the rest of the battle.)

Hi, I wanna add something on Tankentai. I want a script that when picked a command, like attack, it stretches arm and attack. Like animated battlers. When guarding, it does a certain position, when win, it does a certain position also. Can you make a script like that?

Do the script like Actor1_1_attack, or Actor1_2_guard.

Hello!

Here is a question about ATB ADDON:

Is there a way to remove the pause when ATB of one character is filled, enabling an enemy to attack in your turn and ATB of other characters fill at the same time? Making things more fast and frantically ^^ like a Chronno Trigger and FF6. I tried edit some lines of code but not got any progress =/.

Thank you guys! \o\

I've been having some trouble figuring out how to create a throwing weapon with this script. I'm sure it would probably be really simple if I could actually read the script, but since it's in Japanese, I cannot. I have a character who uses boomerangs as his primary weapon, but I havent been able to figure out how to make him actually throw the boomerang and have it come back. Or even just throw it without it coming back, for that matter. Could someone help me out with this, please?

Takentai is seldom supported these days, and the OP hasn't been around on this thread since November, let alone this site since January. Very few scripters even consider Takentai anymore, and even less are willing to offer their support for it.

I'll keep this open for now, in case somebody has information to add, however posted comments and questions should be about the tutorial itself. Requests for script additions should go into the script request forum.

So, my internet provider went bye bye, and he was the only one in the area, so i had to wait like ( don.t really remember, maybe a half of year ) until another one finnaly decided to expand in here, so yeah, that's why i've been offline so long. Ever since i could not use the internet i stoped using the RPG Maker, since i never really had a project of my own, and most of the stuff i was trying to do was taken from around the forums, just my way of improuving my knowledge with the maker i guess.

So, what i'm trying to say is that if you still want that boomerang weapon, i can give it a try in one of these days, but i would not get my hopes up, i probably forgot most of the stuff that i knew ( not that i was verry good to start with ).

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I have a really stupid question, but I can't seem to figure it out. Let's say I want to have a simple skill where an actor pierces an enemy with a spear, something close to a normal attack with a different animation. Now, when creating the skill, I can choose that animation  but when executed in battle, the character charges up in the little spell motion and the animation hits the enemy. Now that's where the problem is: if it was a magic attack, hitting the enemy from far away would be fine, but because the enemy is supposed to be getting hit with the spear, it seems really awkward and weird. Basically, I'm wondering how do I have a skill hit the enemy like the character does when he/she does a normal attack, like running across the battlefield, hitting the enemy and then showing the animation.

Thanks

You should check this thread from page 1 to page 6, i have a tutorial on how to make skills on first page, and some custom skills around some other pages. The thing is, if you want your character to go to enemy, you will have to make the skill in the script. If you still don't understand what to do after you read those, give me a pm and i'll try and explain it there, there is no point in writing here again the same things.

hey guys i'm still noob here and i have a something to ask...
i saw tutorial from Venom about adding new skill and that work properly... but it attack only 1 enemy...  maybe it's stupid question but how i suppose to make that skill attack all enemy... btw i just make something with this tankentai... im the fans of final fantasy and i love their summon style so i made same thing with tankentai script using call video "VideoSummon"    => ["特技発動","待機固定","死亡フラグ動画","Bahamut","座標リセット"],
but still they attack only 1 enemy... can u help me guys?

sorry my bad english...  :)

You can set the target enemies in the skills tab in the rpg maker, it's not something from the script. Go there and set your skill to all enemies, or 2 or any other option.

Hey y'all, I've been tinkering with the Tankentai script, translating it here and there, and generally I have it working okay. But one thing that's frustrating me a little right now is that when I plug in Fomar's ATB script, (I'm using the Yanfly-compatible version) it seems to eat up the camera control functions, and the backgrounds end up static and unmoving.

Has anybody else run into that, or no?

Can somebody please help me? I installed the tankentai script and when I tried using a special once my TP was full, it gave me this error message:  "undefined method 'frame_max' for nil:NilClass" in the Sideview line 1519. It would be much appreciated if someone knew how to fix this and help!

Post a screen shot of what that line is. Also, what other scripts are using, if any, that has anything to do with battles.

My Tankentai is edited a shit done by me, so I don't think my lines match up with yours.

I think that might be the animation file error.. Find the animation file in the system folder( I think it's located) and replace it with the one from the Tankentai demo.

I have a strange problem with Tankentai, hopefully someone is able to shed some light on a situation I've been trying for hours to fix alone.

I replace my 'animations' file with the correct corresponding animation file, and run my game. It works flawlessly.

I make a change to my game, save it and test again, and suddenly when I try to use my main character's only move in battle, (Thunder/Sage), I get the

error message:  "undefined method 'frame_max' for nil:NilClass" in the Sideview line 1519.

I go back into my Data folder, replace the animations file again, and it works fine.

I've 'rinsed and repeated' several times checking to make certain that this would repeat itself. It does!

Is my animations file being altered somehow by making changes to my game world that have absolutely nothing to do with animations?

Thank you in advance for any ideas or help!

I honestly don't know why people hate Tankentai so much, it seems that most of the RGSS3 community just suck with making things work with Tankentai.

I kind of miss the RGSS2 community (I'm not going back to VX though, missing too many features)

However, I disagree with Tankentai being incompatible with everything.

(Reason I say this is because you DON'T need all those fancy battle addons by Yanfly/etc.)

Tankentai alone as it's own addon's for Ace's verion is enough to be awesome.

Take IA for example. (It's a Japanese Ace game I played that uses only Tankentai as the battle script while also using it's own battle status as well.)

I would freaking love how he managed to do all that. I've been messing around with Tankentai for so long and can't evne do half the things that guy did. If only I could read Japanese! 

I'm new to everything. Still learning a lot about Tankentai, but I've gotten the gist of making custom skills. If only I could figure out how to completely control the enemy battlers' and actors' movements in battle, I would be so content. Is there anyway to do this? For example, if I wanted to make a skill that would knock an enemy into the air and then knock them back down.... how would I control the movements...? If only I had some sort of guidance I could figure it out. >_<

I would freaking love how he managed to do all that. I've been messing around with Tankentai for so long and can't evne do half the things that guy did. If only I could read Japanese! 

If you were impressed with that, then check this version out.

This was also from using Tankentai.

Edited by Yuji Sakai