I would freaking love how he managed to do all that. I've been messing around with Tankentai for so long and can't evne do half the things that guy did. If only I could read Japanese! 

If you were impressed with that, then check this version out.

This was also from using Tankentai.

lol I've seen that too. I bet it takes a lot of time and skill to make something that impressive.

I would freaking love how he managed to do all that. I've been messing around with Tankentai for so long and can't evne do half the things that guy did. If only I could read Japanese! 

If you were impressed with that, then check this version out.

This was also from using Tankentai.

lol I've seen that too. I bet it takes a lot of time and skill to make something that impressive.

Well, with my experiences with Tankentai on VX, I'd say the skills work the same way in Ace which IMO, is easier than Victor's battle system.

Yeah, it takes a lot of time but it's easy (kind of) at least for me.

Sorry if this has been asked, I did not see it.

But each time one of my characters is going to level up I get "Spriteset_Battle' line 263 NoMethedError occurred. dispose for nil:class"

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

But each time one of my characters is going to level up I get "Spriteset_Battle' line 263 NoMethedError occurred. dispose for nil:class"

Never mind. I just copied the Spriteset_Battle script from the demo to my game. Thanks anyways.

Never mind. I just copied the Spriteset_Battle script from the demo to my game. Thanks anyways.

Honestly, you're better off using Battle Symphony or something else, you won't get far with Tankentai until it's 100% translated by Elise.

I decided to translate Lemon Slice's SRPG since it has less stuff to translate than Tankentai, however I'm not releasing the script until Tankentai is released unless someone else wants to translate and release it themselves.

Just know that if you use Tankentai the way it is now, you won't ever finish a project unless you want to use the default skills made in the Database which is boring.

or you can spend several months figuring out how to set up your skills within the Japanese commands only to realize you'll have problems later and lose track of what you did.

Honestly, you're better off using Battle Symphony or something else, you won't get far with Tankentai until it's 100% translated by Elise.

I decided to translate Lemon Slice's SRPG since it has less stuff to translate than Tankentai, however I'm not releasing the script until Tankentai is released unless someone else wants to translate and release it themselves.

Just know that if you use Tankentai the way it is now, you won't ever finish a project unless you want to use the default skills made in the Database which is boring.

or you can spend several months figuring out how to set up your skills within the Japanese commands only to realize you'll have problems later and lose track of what you did.

I actually just switched to Tankentai from Battle Symphony. I wanted more of a classic RPG battle system.

I'm also creating my own skills, which are a little different from the default skills even though I'm using the default animations.

I may go back to Battle Symphony by the time I finish my game, but I don't really know, I got really sick of just watching the guy move in front of me and get hit. Thanks for the advice though.

It is possible to change the actor graphic for the duration of battle and change it back at the end? I have one normal sprite sheet for my actor for out of battle and another sprite sheet with the same character but with weapons attached for in battle. How would I be able to switch the actor's graphic to the sprite sheet of them holding weapons for battles only and switch back to the normal sprite sheet after the battle ends? I know about the changing actor graphic option, but it doesn't seem to work for this case. Plus, in the best case scenario I would only have to apply the fix once, not to every battle individually. 

Just thought I should share this with the new info.

Thanks to Vemon, I've figured out how to equip a weapon to a charset.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # ◠エãƒãƒŸãƒ¼å³æ‰‹æ­¦å™¨ エãƒãƒŸãƒ¼ã«ã‚‚装備武器をID指定ã—ã¾ã™
  def enemy_weapon1_id
	case id
	when -1 # 1番ã®ã‚¨ãƒãƒŸãƒ¼(エãƒãƒŸãƒ¼ã¯IDをマイナスã«ã™ã‚‹ã“ã¨ã§åˆ†å²ã•ã›ã¾ã™)
	  return 10 # 武器IDを指定。0番ã¯ç´ æ‰‹æ‰±ã„ã§ã™
	when -36
	  return 65
	else
	  return 0
	end
  end
  #---------
ok, find this line under your second sideview script

It's around line 227.

All you do is put in the case id for you enemy charset

mines -36 (all enemies are negs)

then go under and type return x

x is the number the weapon is, in your weapon database :).

and viola. Enemy charsets with weapons.

Also I got two things, I'm working on right now. One is getting this compatible with yanfly battle engine, and the other is the atb. So what I want is to turn off tanketai's damage popup (which i know how to do) however, I get a double attack animation when i do a normal attack or cast magic, everything is double. I also want to use the critical flash script with this cause it's much cooler. But Tankentai overrides it. Also For some reason the atb fills for my main character and makes the game loop. (I can only attack over and over as the main character, the enemy doesn't even attack) Any help will be appreciated :)

I don't know if anyone still checks this thread but I've done what Artic says to do with the code but during battle it still uses a bare fist rather than the staff :S

Just thought I should share this with the new info.

Thanks to Vemon, I've figured out how to equip a weapon to a charset.

# ◠エãƒãƒŸãƒ¼å³æ‰‹æ­¦å™¨ エãƒãƒŸãƒ¼ã«ã‚‚装備武器をID指定ã—ã¾ã™
  def enemy_weapon1_id
	case id
	when -1 # 1番ã®ã‚¨ãƒãƒŸãƒ¼(エãƒãƒŸãƒ¼ã¯IDをマイナスã«ã™ã‚‹ã“ã¨ã§åˆ†å²ã•ã›ã¾ã™)
	  return 10 # 武器IDを指定。0番ã¯ç´ æ‰‹æ‰±ã„ã§ã™
	when -36
	  return 65
	else
	  return 0
	end
  end
  #---------
ok, find this line under your second sideview script

It's around line 227.

All you do is put in the case id for you enemy charset

mines -36 (all enemies are negs)

then go under and type return x

x is the number the weapon is, in your weapon database :).

and viola. Enemy charsets with weapons.

Also I got two things, I'm working on right now. One is getting this compatible with yanfly battle engine, and the other is the atb. So what I want is to turn off tanketai's damage popup (which i know how to do) however, I get a double attack animation when i do a normal attack or cast magic, everything is double. I also want to use the critical flash script with this cause it's much cooler. But Tankentai overrides it. Also For some reason the atb fills for my main character and makes the game loop. (I can only attack over and over as the main character, the enemy doesn't even attack) Any help will be appreciated :)

I don't know if anyone still checks this thread but I've done what Artic says to do with the code but during battle it still uses a bare fist rather than the staff :S

Could you post the area of your script that you modified?

Hi Passive Lion, Ive been having problems with Script sideview line 3452 NoMethodErrorOccur... 

here the script on that line  @target_zoom = [zoom * 0.01, @max_zoom_out * 0.01].max

this is the error that I experienced, I followed all the instructions and I have the v.099 copied at the right folder but still get the same error.... 

I'm having a problem equipping characters with shields. My actors are using the shield slot, but not actually shields. For example, in the archer's shield slot she can use grips. However, despite being able to equip the actor in the database, the shield slot is unavailable during the actual battle. It's not like you can choose a piece of equipment, it's grayed out and unselectable. After fiddling with the script, I discovered that it was the class that were the problems not the actual shield slots. Basically, an actor who has a sword or a spear equipped has a shield slot but an actor who is using a staff or gun cannot. Does anyone know of a why to fix this? 

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it. 

Edited by Username78

Im having trouble with the gun add on. When my gun user attacks, it shows him with bow in hand and he shoots an arrow, and then when it hits the target it makes a bullet hole and gun sound. I copied and pasted everything as you said, but I'm comparing my script to yours, and it looks like my line numbers are off compared to yours. Did you delete lines prior to adding the gun add on? Or does it not matter? I added pics of my script. I couldn't fit a couple pics but they were the ones, that were more closely paired up with yours. But what am I doing wrong possibly? Thanks in advance.

post-35011-0-24135200-1383881041_thumb.png

post-35011-0-47318800-1383881123_thumb.png

post-35011-0-12514400-1383881244_thumb.png

post-35011-0-63728500-1383881268_thumb.png

The error that I always get and no one has been able to help me with, is that, let's say there's an item that heals 100 MP.
If I use it, it displays

"100 MP

100 MP"

twice, just like that, on the character.  Or if I have something that, let's say, heals 500HP and 200MP, it'll display

"200 MP

200 MP"

either way... so it makes NO sense... anyone know how to fix this?

Hello, I have a problem.

When an actor dies, there is a green screen around it.

I've been searching around but couldn't find how to remove it.

The problem with that is that it's set to use the pre-set actors.  If you wanna use a created character, you have to set their "Damage" sprite.

To fix it you have to make it so that the character choses a certain animation when they die, I just make them face up cuz they look like they're

down.  I forgot how to change that in the script, but yeah, that's basically it.

The OP has not been around in almost a year, and hasn't been around to answer questions, so I'll close this up. If you have support related questions, you can ask in script support, however you'll probably not get much help considering that most scripters refuse to support this script any longer.